Comments Thread For: Marquez Denies Fifth Pacquiao Fight, No Decision Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
    Stop crying willya.....

You posted a link trying to disprove my statement that "most" boxing observers scored that fight for Marquez.

most
    /mōst/
    Greatest in amount or degree:

Smarten up.
    Damn how many times do i have to quote you. You said most scored 1 and 2 for JMM, there was no dispute for 3. Wrong. But get this, even this backtracking fails. Per the link, well more than half did not score the 3rd for JMM. It's ok, as long as you don't try using the same discredited points again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      Like a coward he's going to run away after his lucky KO. Lets just forget all 3 times he was begging Pac like a crybaby and he got it every time.
      Maybe you should read one of my previous posts. The first fight Marquez actually gave Pacquiao a shot at HIS title. The last fight only happened because Cotto wouldn't accept another catchweight offer. There were no other decent options but for Marquez. THAT is the truth of it.

Also, people keep harping on about how it "looked" like Pacquiao was going to win. So what? He was one round up and every time he staggered or landed on Marquez, Marquez fired back (as he did just before the KO). Pacquiao "looked" like he was going to win in their first fight. He didn't. He had Marquez down in their second fight, but narrowly won. The stats showed that the knockdown was the only reason he scraped it. Over all three prior fights, Pacquiao had lost more rounds but the knockdowns gave him a razor thin decision and a draw. What gave him the last decision, I couldn't say as I scored it 7-5 for Marquez. The last fight had no controversy, no debate. The momentum went back and forth but it was ended swiftly and decisively with a brutal knockout. Pacquiao was put to sleep.

While another fight might be entertaining, there is no NEED for it other than for those hurting over the last result (Pacquiao and his sycophants) to try and balance the scales and for Arum to wring more money from them, of course. It might be 2-1-1 in Pacquiao's favour, but Marquez was the one standing.

Also, one can have little respect for so-called boxing "fans" that call those who enter the ring for living, "coward", from the safety of their keyboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        So what your saying is you are comparing this brutal, good night, smelling salt to wake him up KO to a much lesser, crap i got KO'd to try to make sense of it and when you couldnt you then started bashing on floyd to make you feel better. Got it.

And what the hell do you mean by "healthier"
        What I meant by "healthier" was that you will use another excuse to counter the point. Lennox hit the canvas hard and was hit by a HW but closer to that was the example of Roy was KOed badly but you are probably going to say he woke up sooner or something .... lol!

The point is that a KO can happen to anyone. Yes even that type that happened to Manny. Manny is more aggressive than some fighters so it certainly gives a higher percentage of probability that it happens to those type of fighters as they are always moving forward thus creating more force on the punch coming back at them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          The part in bold is where you're wrong. The KO punch didn't come out of left field and there were people who saw Marquez landing that counter right hand all night. It was a close fight that was going back n forth. Sure Pacquiao had Marquez hurt in the previous round, but he was not dominating the fight as so many of you insist upon trying to suggest. There's really no need for a 5th fight, this was the clear-cut decisive ending that people have been waiting for.
          Yes Marquez thru it before but what I meant was the action wasn't going one way (ie. in Marquez's favor) during that round and all that punch was was Marquez just finished Manny off with that KO. Manny was in control for a couple of rounds then Marquez KOed him on a counter with a second left to change the momentum big time.

Also, on that KO, Manny tripped up. If he wasn't stumbling, it could have went different. Just like those other times in the fight where Manny moved just enough to absorb the punch. BUT that is "IF" ... that is, it went as it went and you have to give credit to Marquez for taking the risk to come back with that punch because if Manny hits Marquez while moving forward, he could have been knocked down as well.

You are one of the few that can't see a Marquez vs Manny #5 being the biggest draw of all .... meaning, the anticipation will be tremendous. Big pay day coming for #5 for Marquez.
          Last edited by ADP02; 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
            Probably the best post of the thread. Green one coming chief. That's exactly the way i see it. Too bad it was in response to "strechedidiot". There's no point in wasting time with that piece of crap.

Marquez deserves all the credit in the world. But as a warrior, he should know Pacquiao deserves that rematch too. I know there's a lot of respect between them, and they know real boxing fan are expecting for a 5th.
            Thanks DominiBox!

Yup, Marquez deserves all credit for fighting 4 tough ones with Manny. Still, there will be people lining up to see #5. Who would not want to see #5 after such an awesome fight (#4)

Marquez will be looking at making his biggest pay day of his career .... so it will be tough to refuse #5. His only concern is that Manny also had Marquez in trouble. Marquez knows it was not an easy fight, unlike what some have stated here.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Damn how many times do i have to quote you. You said most scored 1 and 2 for JMM, there was no dispute for 3. Wrong. But get this, even this backtracking fails. Per the link, well more than half did not score the 3rd for JMM. It's ok, as long as you don't try using the same discredited points again.
              Ronnie Nathanielz and Ben Delgado watched that fight with a friend who is a licensed referee...

... they ALL said that Marquez won.

I want my water bottle back.

Comment

• Aside from all of the pac-dribble.....

History will show that there is only one clear victor from their rivalry.....

..... the last man standing.

Comment

Working...
                X