Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do u develop fast twitching muscles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u develop fast twitching muscles?

what exercises can i do to develop them?

any help?

thanks

Do everything fast and explosively. Fast push-ups, fast shadowboxing, fast heavy bagging (that sounds funny), etc. Also look into plyometrics. It's advised that you don't lift heavy weights but if you're going to lift weights do it with small weight and a lot of repetitions. The most important things are doing it as fast as you can, with 100% effort, and repetition, repetition, and more repetition. Don't sacrifice good form for speed or comfort though.

Comment

it's about explosiveness. there are a lot of exercises to create that. at our gym, we shadowbox with 1 kg/2lb dumbbells for 3 rounds and then 2 rounds of shadowboxing to let that burn ease up and keep the subtleness of the movements. Sprints are excellent for fast twitch muscles. hard jump-burpees, just keep pushing up, standing up and jumping. and of course the hard and fast bagwork, ram it like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
        what exercises can i do to develop them?

any help?

thanks
        It depends on what areas you need to work on. I would suggest for you to take a look at Ross Training. They have a lot of great videos.

Comment

Working...
        X