Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
    Hitler >>>Churchill
    Sure.

Hitler was a big old jessie with one ball. He had a inferiority complex. He should have beat Britain in the Battle of Britain but messed it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      your mom must be so proud of you.
      yes she is.

Comment

Don't bash on hitler you bastards he had a good soul.

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
          Don't bash on hitler you bastards he had a good soul.
          You are so wacky and funny.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
            Enlighten us....

something to do with Jews maybe?
            Federer >> Murray

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
              He could have keept Soviet out of Europe by but it was more important for him to see the total destruction of Germany. He could have ended the war earlier if he had put Europes best before what he tought was best for Brittain.

No, Goebbels, the nazi propaganda minister did and Churchill later picked it up. I think it's you who need to read a book
              yeah because the americans and soviets would have been fine with that? japan was open to some form of early surrender but it was not an option for the allies. they wanted total victory and unconditional surrender.

britain had little influence anymore near the end of the war. britain's military and its colonies were in shambles.

britain couldn't do much without america's backing.

oh big whoopee. someone actually coined "iron curtain" and not churchill. wow. that totally wins the argument because churchill didn't actually coin the phrase.

what was the speech about then? or does it not matter anymore because churchill didn't coin the phrase iron curtain?
              Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 09-11-2010, 04:55 AM.

Comment

they wanted total victory and unconditional surrender.
                That's exactly what i am saying. They didn't want to negotiate rather they wanted total destruction of Germany even if it meant they would need Soviet occupying half Europe to achieve that. Britain recived German peace proposals both in 1940 and 1941 and Germany and Soviet discussed peace terms in 1943. The British stuck to their idea of total victory and achived it at the price of giving half europe to the soviets. Seems like a bad trade as Soviet become much more powerfull then Germany ever was and threatned the whole world for almost fifty years after. Also if the object of the War was to free Poland then why didn't Churchill declare war on Soviet who occupied half of Poland in 1939 and the other half also in 1945? The war was not about defending Poland or democracy or anything like that. It was simply about trying to keep Britain as the dominant power in Europe.

oh big whoopee. someone actually coined "iron curtain" and not churchill. wow. that totally wins the argument because churchill didn't actually coin the phrase.
                I tought it rather on the point as you recommended me to read up on my facts In the end Churchills anti-sovietism was mainly rhetoric. He had no doubts letting them have half Europe so he could defeat Hitler.
                Last edited by Ivansmamma; 09-11-2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                  That's exactly what i am saying. They didn't want to negotiate rather they wanted total destruction of Germany even if it meant they would need Soviet occupying half Europe to achieve that. Britain recived German peace proposals both in 1940 and 1941 and Germany and Soviet discussed peace terms in 1943. The British stuck to their idea of total victory and achived it at the price of giving half europe to the soviets. Seems like a bad trade as Soviet become much more powerfull then Germany ever was and threatned the whole world for almost fifty years after. Also if the object of the War was to free Poland then why didn't Churchill declare war on Soviet who occupied half of Poland in 1939 and the other half also in 1945? The war was not about defending Poland or democracy or anything like that. It was simply about trying to keep Britain as the dominant power in Europe.

I tought it rather on the point as you recommended me to read up on my facts In the end Churchills anti-sovietism was mainly rhetoric. He had no doubts letting them have half Europe so he could defeat Hitler.
                  the objective during the war was to defeat germany.

after the war is what matters. churchill didn't want the soviet union to dominate eastern europe but there's nothing he could do about it.

silly talk to say they should have negotiated an agreement with germany beforehand. 1. the americans would not go for it. 2. the soviets wouldn't it.

btw churchill wasn't in charge in britain at the time of the poland invasion. chamberlain was.

during the war , the objective was to defeat germany. plain and simple. i don't know what you're on about. don't be a tit. you're wrong on this issue.

america is more to blame for letting the soviets take control of eastern europe than britain was. britain couldn't do anything about it.

Comment

Well he had a point, thats nature. The strongest survive.

Comment

the objective during the war was to defeat germany.

after the war is what matters. churchill didn't want the soviet union to dominate eastern europe but there's nothing he could do about it.
                      There was much he could do about it. He could have negotiated with the Germans when they tried to open negotiations in 1940 and 1941 before USA entered the war. He choose not to and it lead to the total defeat of Germany but also to the Soviet occupation of eastern Europe.

btw churchill wasn't in charge in britain at the time of the poland invasion. chamberlain was.
                      Yes im well aware of that but Churchill was a prominent politican at the time and had argued in parliament for war against Germany since 1938 and onward.

during the war , the objective was to defeat germany. plain and simple. i don't know what you're on about. don't be a tit. you're wrong on this issue.

america is more to blame for letting the soviets take control of eastern europe than britain was. britain couldn't do anything about it.
                      Yes, that's the problem, the objective was to defeat Germany at all costs, it should have been to defend Europe at all costs. Churchill from the day he got in power did all he could to bring other countries into the war to defeat Germany instead of trying to solve the conflict with as little loss of life and destruction as possible. It lead to enourmous suffering and soviet occupation.
                      Germany had no interests in western Europe the just wanted lebensraum in the east, the whole war in the west could have been avoided or shortened.

America is much to blame but so is Churchill for wanting total surrender of Germany at any price. The price was to steep.

Comment

Working...
                      X