Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haters: Will You Give PBF Credit if he Beats DLH?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    I dont know if i should be posting on this thread becoz i dont see myself as a hater. But PBF would have to dominate DLH. Worse fighters than PBF have taken him to a controversial decision. So the manner of the victory would obvviously be important.
    If Floyd wins every single round on route to a 120-108 UD across the board, and say he does this by so called "running"... would you consider that dominating? and would you give him his due?

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
      If Floyd wins every single round on route to a 120-108 UD across the board, and say he does this by so called "running"... would you consider that dominating? and would you give him his due?
      I voted a win is a win......DLH knows he is going to have to take fight to him.

Comment

Oscar is old but he isn't looking to rusty... If a fresh Oscar shows up and its a good fight I give him credit but if an old slowed down Oscar shows up... No!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
          I give him credit as a fighter anyway. I just dont like how cocky and arrogant he is.
          I'm starting to like PBF more just becuase he's cocky and arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunstar1 View Post
            Me too.

Like him or not, everyone has to admit he's a character in boxing, and it's fun to talk about him, regardless.

Otherwise there wouldn't be 20 threads about him made a day.

Comment

Of course. Oscar De La Hoya is undeniably one of the best fighters of his generation, and Floyd made every concession to him in this fight.

It will be qualified if Floyd fights negatively, as he likely will, but it still counts as a win over a great fighter, better than any three of Floyd's previous wins combined.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                Of course. Oscar De La Hoya is undeniably one of the best fighters of his generation, and Floyd made every concession to him in this fight.

It will be qualified if Floyd fights negatively, as he likely will, but it still counts as a win over a great fighter, better than any three of Floyd's previous wins combined.
                Only because of Oscar's fame, not talent.

Speaking directly in terms of talented fighters Floyd's faced, I'm not exactly sure if I'd even put Oscar at #1.

Comment

Only because of Oscar's fame, not talent.

Speaking directly in terms of talented fighters Floyd's faced, I'm not exactly sure if I'd even put Oscar at #1.
                  You would put Baldomir at number one right?

Comment

I've always given him credit for the fighter he is. Even the Baldomir fight which was boring, but I still gave him credit for outclassing Baldy.

I don't mind his arrogance. I mean, imagine if one of us was that good and in most of our fights it really wasn't close. I think we would be cocky and arrogant as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunstar1 View Post
                      I used to like Naseem Hamed and he was cocky as hell so i cant hold that against him. The thing with PBF is he is american and i havent seen much of him on our islands screens. Only heard about him alot here on forums and youtubed him a bit. But i dont like youtubing on a pc really.

I woould have to say yes. I hope while running he lands hurtful punches though, like DLH had been hit properly though. Otherwise Carl Lewis could probably do well in boxing. But i trust the judges to do there job properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X