Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland Showdown in Play?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dreadful fight.

Comment

-Fight a journeyman
      -Pick up a paper title or two
      -Call yourself better than ever before
      -Fight a live opponent and lose
      -Pout after the fight, say you really won, etc.
      -Disappear for a year, rinse and repeat

Comment

Originally posted by jjralkman View Post
        -fight a journeyman
        -pick up a paper title or two
        -call yourself better than ever before
        -fight a live opponent and lose
        -pout after the fight, say you really won, etc.
        -disappear for a year, rinse and repeat
        now this is a man that knows his boxing lol.

Comment

Why 153? What's that about?

Comment

Man this would be an awesome fight, but it aint ppv worthy. I would only pay to see him fight Bradley, GGG, or even Margacheato.

Comment

I watch it but is not PPV, they will have to stack up the card big time.

Other than that....

#WarCotto

Comment

oh my this may b the fight that will "save boxing" like canelo Kirkland did...

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Eh - it's a good fight. Cotto is old and small. He don't need to be fighting these young killers. He just went up against a prime Canelo who outweighed him by 20lbs and Cotto held his own and made it a close fight. Nothing left to prove.

I don't know why everyone gets a hard-on asking these old vets to fight these young killers. They can chart their own career, not piggyback off of a HoF fighter.

Like the dudes who want Cotto to fight Charlos or Andrade...what benefit is that? Fighting guys younger, bigger and stronger with no names.

Just fight a guy at or around the same size who'll come to fight for a few rounds and then go home. I hope Cotto retires after his next fight and call it a day.

The longer you keep fighting, eventually you'll be another vet who stayed in the game way to long and will get forcibly retired. Ain't none of us fans gonna be there sending these old ass vets money for medical bills. At this point in a fighter's career - get a soft pay day or two and retire.

Cotto needs to fight: Maidana, Matthyse, Kirkland and even Bradley.
                  If you are getting 15 MM and changing fans $70.00 for that fight, you should be fighting a hungry young lions, not a crippled "has been".

Comment

great return fight for the stud from caguas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      kinda like ggg fans when canelo fought khan now hes fighting brook? all fans are hypocrites if u have not noticed
                      Not all fans. Some call it out for what it is. Most stick to the boxer's nuts though.

All that shit GGG talked with no respect to boxing and he goes and does the same damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X