Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner in sparring REAL TROUBLE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah phrased that badly, How about "how long was it before you were sparring some top amateurs in your gym and it was starting to become even ? Or even "when did sparring become less chaotic ?"

I just can't wait until this right hand stops disappointing me.
    Any drills i could do just myself to improve my right hand, is it just more shadow boxing with gloves on for now ?

Half pace sound nice,

Never had anything like that
    Got a deviated septum week 3 of sparring after this dude with heavy hands got me a belter when i dropped my hands on the ropes.

Comment

Everything will come in time. look at the positive over the negative, you are getting some good work in with your jab. If you cant land that right, work on it when you have time on the heavy bag. Look at your opponents reaction when you throw the right hand. 9/10 he will do the same type of evasive move, so just time him. Or try jabbing at the top of the headgear to pop his head up( ala Lennox Lewis) makes it easier to land that cross.

Comment

How tall are you out of interest? Only ask because I'm 6ft 3 and weigh 72kg so most guys I spar at similar weight are shorter than me, which means they have to close the gap and are generally more aggressive. I'm told to keep focus on footwork and throwing that jab out. When I am pared with people similar height I tend to do a bit better but still struggling with brawlers!! I'm not often in a position other than to throw straight punches tbh

Comment

Working...
        X