Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peds increases stamina, so why dont we just allow it in boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    I work with guys on a daily basis who use a variety of setroids, steroids absolutely can make an athlete. Steroids in general use are fine, but they should never be allowed in sports.

People need to realise, people who use AAS tend to play down their effectiveness for a reason. They make a massive difference, they just like to say otherwise as it makes what they accomplish seem more impressive.

AAS won't make a plodder into a Mayweather, no. However, you imagine a good fighter adding hugely increased stamina, more power, more general strength, better punch resistance...that good fighter becomes a great fighter. That whole 'steroids don't make the athlete' is garbage, in many cases they quite clearly have.

Alistair Overeem clearly bulked up on steroids to the point he looked like the Hulk, avoided drug testing for years and goes on a 12 fight undefeated streak in which he looked incredibly powerful and fit - he then fails a drug test, returns in clearly worse shape with far worse stamina and loses 3 of his next 4 fights...it wasn't coincidence.

And yes, improving stamina and recovery is similar to letting guys with no power wear plaster gloves. It is cheating to improve a weak area, fact. They want better stamina? Work at it then, that is something every fighter can improve through old fashioned hard work.
    This post has good stuff. I didn't know the bit about Overeem. It's good you also mentioned that bit about the plodder turning into a Mayweather, but rather it'll still give the fighter an advantage.

I just think a lot of people have this slightly distorted mentality of thinking that steroids means that the fighter, no matter HOW bad, can beat anyone at anytime as if it was a miracle drug. Yes, it DOES improve stamina and recovery and allow you to train stronger, but this is a debate could go on for days.

I perhaps find myself often on the fence on the issue.

Good stuff, mate.

Comment

Working...
    X