Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sinaloa Cartel Leader El Chapo Killed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Sinaloa Cartel Leader El Chapo Killed?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...ntcmp=trending

GUATEMALA CITY – Guatemalan authorities said Thursday they were investigating whether a man killed in a shootout near the border with Mexico was most-wanted drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, but hours later backtracked and said they hadn't even located a body or confirmed there was a gunfight.

Government spokesman Francisco Cuevas first told Guatevision Television that two drug gangs had clashed in Peten, an area that has seen an increase in drug violence and that at least two men had died in the shootout.

"We have to wait for all the technical information in order to determine if, in fact, one of the dead is of Joaquin `El Chapo' Guzman," Cuevas said.

Later, Cuevas told Mexico's Televisa network that authorities hadn't yet found a body or the scene where reports said a shootout took place.

He never said what led officials to think that one of the dead men might be Guzman.

But Interior Department spokeswoman Carla Herrera told The Associated Press that one of the victims physically resembled the drug lord. She said officials had asked the Mexican government to send Guzman's fingerprints to compare them to the man found inside a vehicle and to send investigators.

However, Herrera's boss, Interior Minister Mauricio Lopez Bonilla told the AP that it was residents of the town of San Francisco who had told officials of a gunbattle and reported that one of the people killed looked like Guzman.

"The fact is we don't have any of this information confirmed," Lopez Bonilla said.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto said late Thursday that he had no information on the case.

"I don't have any information that can confirm that," he told reporters.

Peten province is an isolated area of jungle and ranches where 27 ranch workers were massacred in 2011 by the Zetas drug gang, a top rival for Guzman's Sinaloa drug cartel.

Guzman, who has been in hiding since escaping from a Mexican prison in a laundry cart in 2001, is one of the world's most dangerous and most wanted fugitives.

He's also one of the richest: Forbes magazine has estimated his fortune at $1 billion.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...#ixzz2Le20Osgv
    Crazy if true. I just read a day or two ago that he is "Chicago's Most Wanted Criminal" and considered to be more dangerous to the city of Chicago than Al Capone was in his day despite El Chapo never setting foot in Chicago.

It is estimated that more than half of all drugs sold on the streets of Chicago tie into the Sinaloa Cartel in some way, shape, or form

After thinking about it, I can't imagine he would be involved in a shootout...but still, a pretty big story if true.
    Last edited by RlCKY; 02-22-2013, 11:32 AM.

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
    Sinaloa Cartel Leader El Chapo Killed?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...ntcmp=trending

Crazy if true. I just read a day or two ago that he is "Chicago's Most Wanted Criminal" and considered to be more dangerous to the city of Chicago than Al Capone was in his day despite El Chapo never setting foot in Chicago.

It is estimated that more than half of all drugs sold on the streets of Chicago tie into the Sinaloa Cartel in some way, shape, or form

After thinking about it, I can't imagine he would be involved in a shootout...but still, a pretty big story if true.

I hope it's true.

Comment

All I wanna be is el chapo!!!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
        I hope it's true.
        It is bad karma to wish death on someone no matter who it is.

Comment

all i care about is are they gonna make a tv series on hbo or showtime about the drug war in mexico.

Comment

Lol they wont capture el Chapo, His the new Doroteo Arango, respected in all Mexico his people that are working for him are doing the police work, just let him do his drug business its not his fault that people are dumb enough to do drugs lol

Guatemala just apologize for the misunderstanding, n the gun battle was between other guys,el Chapo doesnt leave Sinaloa much n his moving every 30 minutes in his convoy n he doesnt look the same anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
              It is bad karma to wish death on someone no matter who it is.
              Hopefully you are kidding...

We're talking about a man, who is in charge of an enterprise directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of people every single day. He's ordered slayings of entire families over his criminality.

Whether it's a kid getting shot and killed trying to obtain or sell drugs in Chicago, or Mexican police and soliders who are supposed to be protecting Mexican citizens, the man has a lot of blood on his hands, and even more people addicted to substances that are ruining their lives, that he is responsible for bringing into this country and others, making him a billionaire in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                Hopefully you are kidding...

We're talking about a man, who is in charge of an enterprise directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of people every single day. He's ordered slayings of entire families over his criminality.

Whether it's a kid getting shot and killed trying to obtain or sell drugs in Chicago, or Mexican police and soliders who are supposed to be protecting Mexican citizens, the man has a lot of blood on his hands, and even more people addicted to substances that are ruining their lives, that he is responsible for bringing into this country and others, making him a billionaire in the process.
                That's why he should be arrested and tried like everyone else. No one should wish death on anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                  That's why he should be arrested and tried like everyone else. No one should wish death on anyone.
                  i see your point but i think you're missing Ricky's. if it's karma to wish death up him then what is it if he gets away with, literally, being responsible for thousands of murders directly and indirectly.

Comment

Anyone know of any good documentaries on the Cartels and the Mexican drug wars in general? That shit is fucking crazy yet most of the world knows next to nothing about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X