No announcement yet.

Jermaine Taylors weakness is unrelenting pressure and not technique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermaine Taylors weakness is unrelenting pressure and not technique

To be honest. Taylor does not look horrendous against fighters when they are trying to box tactically, like the majority of fighters do. Rather, his undoing is when fighters chose to negate fighting smart, and rather go after of him constantly throwing punches. Pavlik beat him by forgettign about fighting smart, and rather pressuring him with constant 1-2s, and tonight Froch was taking a licking when he tried to box, but it was clear that around the 8th when he started to simply throw and pressure constantly Taylor was not the same, and was asitting duck. This could also be seen in his fights against Hopkins. When Hopkins chose to pressure him he would abuse taylor and have him hurt, and also with Winky Wright, whenever Winky let his hands go and pressure Taylor, he had him confused, and if Winky had power he probably would have finished him. What I am saying is that Taylors weakness is not being out thought or out jabbed, but rather, his weakness is simply high workrate fighters that MAKE him fight.

Add in the fact that his defense isn't very good. And when he gets hurt he doesn't have a clue what to do. Pavlik just unloaded on him. This time he tried to run but that's not gonna save you.

Froch let him clinch the first time.

Comment

He needs a ****ing conditioning coach. If he's already got one, he needs to fire him and get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
        Add in the fact that his defense isn't very good. And when he gets hurt he doesn't have a clue what to do. Pavlik just unloaded on him. This time he tried to run but that's not gonna save you.

Froch let him clinch the first time.
        This fight looked a lot more damaging then the Pavlik fight if you ask me.

Comment

Hes not a fighter who can think quickly on his feet in the ring.

Comment

I don't think its so much the pressure. When Winky pressured he fought back. At times he came back at Bernard. His stamina goes and he gets hit too much and falls apart.

He can handle some pressure when his stamina is good, but when his opponent realizes his punches have lost steam they jump on him.

Like I said in another thread I think he puts all his might behind plenty of shots early on and it causes him to gas out. He was tryin to rip Pavlik's head off in their first fight when he hurt em.

Comment

he said before the second pavlik fight, he runs 2 miles a day, id say thats pretty ****ing bad for a high class pro athlete.........

Comment

froch was barely pressuring him. taylor basically fell over and collapsed then froch tagged him while he was on the ground to seal the ko.

TAG YOU'VE BEEN KO'D!

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  he said before the second pavlik fight, he runs 2 miles a day, id say thats pretty ****ing bad for a high class pro athlete.........
                  Don't know if that's true or not but yea I'd expect him to run more than that...**** he could get away with it if his defense was better...smh

Comment

i just don't understand why he forgets his basics when they pressure him.. where's the jab followed by a straight right OR a right uppercut??? he coulda won this fight if he didn't get away from how he started this fight, Jab followed by the overhand right

Comment

Working...
                    X