Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Lemieux since his last loss....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NATAS' mom who likes it up the sphincter with no vaseline View Post
    So if Golovkin KO's in him within 4, then what?
    Then I will give credit where credit is due...

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Conveniently two of those three guys can't and won't fight Golovkin. TS knows that which is why he brings them up (I mean seriously, who here honestly believes Quillin and Jacobs are anything special at all? They are on par with Lemieux, easily). Andy Lee can happen possibly next depending on what happens with his fight and the Canelo/Cotto situation. Zero props will be given though.

What Lemieux deserves props for is actually taking the fight. He could have gone another direction and just defended his title against weak opposition for a while, but he manned up and is fighting a unification bout against Gennady. That's more than most of 160 pounds can say.

i know that none of these guys would have the nuts to bet real money against golovkin if he took a fight with lee, quillin, jacobs. vegas would have our gennady as a big favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i know that none of these guys would have the nuts to bet real money against golovkin if he took a fight with lee, quillin, jacobs. vegas would have our gennady as a big favorite.
        What do you mean OUR Gennady lol

Comment

Of course they wouldn't. The excuses will fly afterwards and they'll just go to their default defense - move up in weight and fight Andre Ward, as if that's the only way to prove he's any good (beat the man in a weight class above him who is regarded as the best fighter on the planet only behind Mayweather).

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            What do you mean OUR Gennady lol

it's a reference to "our henry."

pronounced "our 'enry."

henry cooper was a massive british star. he fought cassius clay, the guy who would later be known as muhammad ali, the greatest HW of all time. boxing was one of, if not the most popular sport in the world at the time, and cooper was, by all accounts, a bonafide household name.

knocked ali down in one of their fights, but was bleeding all over the place and stopped on cuts twice.

Comment

golovkin's people have tried to quillin in the ring. quillin arguably could have a loss to rosado, a fighter golovkin and lemieux both beat up pretty badly. lemieux reportedly did better again ndam, though i have not seen that fight.

as for jacobs, he does not have a better resume than golovkin. i don't know how you could say that. mora has a recent loss to brian freaking vera, and it's jacob's best win [other than the great truax!!]

and as for lee, his best win is korobov, who doesn't look like hes' the quantity some thought he'd be. golovkin's got better wins than that. i'm not saying that he's been fighting terrific fighters, only that they're better than the guys lee has beaten if you look at the entire body of work. he's also got a knockout loss to chavez jr, and brian freaking vera
              I think he was comparing those fighters' resumes with Lemieux's, not GGG's.

Comment

Working...
              X