No announcement yet.

Julian Jackson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Jackson

I believe he is HOF worthy. Your thoughts.

Originally posted by Andyland View Post
    I believe he is HOF worthy. Your thoughts.
    decent fighter and a helluva puncher, but HOF worthy? Not in my opinion

Comment

A better fighter than Gatti, and every bit as exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        A better fighter than Gatti, and every bit as exciting.
        HOF worthy?

Comment

Tuff call!! He was exciting and he could punch a ton but when he stepped up he got stopped! The losses don't bother me as much as their tko/KO defeats!
          I never look at the HoF as the place that honors super talents or extremely gifted boxers more of a fan favorite award. Someone who people come out to see and he never fails giving a great showing!!! Someone who comes in condition, is willing to go all out and does regardless of the outcome. Granted being 10-10-10 as a recored record won't get you in even if you try your butt off but theres something to be said about a man who takes on a more gifted man and offers a great effort!! You need heart to fight, some people have morew heart than others, but I recognize the ones who lose to talent but actually show more heart! Thats just me! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
            HOF worthy?
            I think so, but I am a huge fan of his- kinda biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Tuff call!! He was exciting and he could punch a ton but when he stepped up he got stopped! The losses don't bother me as much as their tko/KO defeats!
              I never look at the HoF as the place that honors super talents or extremely gifted boxers more of a fan favorite award. Someone who people come out to see and he never fails giving a great showing!!! Someone who comes in condition, is willing to go all out and does regardless of the outcome. Granted being 10-10-10 as a recored record won't get you in even if you try your butt off but theres something to be said about a man who takes on a more gifted man and offers a great effort!! You need heart to fight, some people have morew heart than others, but I recognize the ones who lose to talent but actually show more heart! Thats just me! Ray.

Jackson certainly showed heart.....and it was his go-for-broke mindset that got him stopped.

Two-division titleist, with devastating wins over truly excellent guys like Norris and Graham. IMO the hardest puncher in boxing history (and considered one of the hardest hitters ever by anyone who knows what power looks like). In my opinion that's enough to get him in.

Comment

I think so,he was a sickening puncher that actually knocked out some very good fighters,he had his weaknesses but he was great too watch-i may be a little biased as i'm a big fan of his,but its tough not too be

Comment

I guess where I set the bar for a HOF fighter is a little higher than the rest of you. I will say Jackson is every bit as qualified as Gatti and way more qualified than Barry McGuigen. IMO none of the three belong. Good fighters but not HOFers

Comment

Working...
                  X