Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Eyes Price-Chisora - Battle For Redemption

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Eyes Price-Chisora - Battle For Redemption

LAST SATURDAY evening Liverpool heavyweight hope David Price became the latest unwelcome recipient of boxing’s OBE — One Behind the Ear.

The right-hander on the right spot by Tony Thompson late in round two left our rising prospect rising from the canvas on spaghetti legs and with a seriously addled mind.

Though ‘Big Pricey’ was vertical again before the full 10 count was tolled, the fight was correctly terminated before the prowling Yank could inflict career-ruining damage.

People harp on about china chins and glass jaws but, occasionally a bomb to the temple or just behind the ear can relieve even the toughest fighters of their senses.

With a single blow, the 2008 Olympic medallist was transformed — in the media’s eyes, at least — from heir apparent to the Klitschko brothers to the latest in a long chain of horizontal British heavyweights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Talk about wishful thinking.

Vitali suffered a harrowing inside-the-distance defeat? Really? Torn muscle, hardly comparable.

Joe Louis? Never knocked out in 1 punch.

Hell, even Wladimir wasn't knocked out in 1 punch - he got hurt and then finished by a prime Corrie Sanders who was a dangerous and motivated fighter.

Tony Thompson was old, out of shape, and not a particularly big puncher. 1 shot and Price was gone. Not hurt, gone. On his seat, unable to marshal his muscles.

Chisora will be licking his chops at this clash after that.

Comment

I've heard a rumour that George Groves has jumped ship from Warren to Matchroom.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
        Talk about wishful thinking.

Vitali suffered a harrowing inside-the-distance defeat? Really? Torn muscle, hardly comparable.

Joe Louis? Never knocked out in 1 punch.

Hell, even Wladimir wasn't knocked out in 1 punch - he got hurt and then finished by a prime Corrie Sanders who was a dangerous and motivated fighter.
        Tony Thompson was old, out of shape, and not a particularly big puncher. 1 shot and Price was gone. Not hurt, gone. On his seat, unable to marshal his muscles.

Chisora will be licking his chops at this clash after that.
        sanders was almost 38 & just so happen to be in the best shape of his career. i wouldn't call it his prime because he only moonlighted as a prizefighter. i agree chisora must be licking his chops. he made a much better showing vs bigger guys like vitali & helenius as he was able to get inside & push them around. chisora could be a handful for price & he can take a good punch. this fight would be very interesting to see. how would price handle chisora in his face? can he take chisora's best punch? how is he mentally after the thompson loss? if this fight happens & price loses it could be disasterous for his career. as larry merchant once said about wladimir klitschko. is he going to be the next big thing or the next big bust?

Comment

This would be a fun fight.

Comment

Great fight. Make it happen.

Comment

I see Price will be back to fighting men much much smaller than him

He'll beat Chirsora, not because Price is a better fight, the height advantage would simply be too much for Chisora

Comment

I would put my money on Chisora beating Price.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  I see Price will be back to fighting men much much smaller than him

He'll beat Chirsora, not because Price is a better fight, the height advantage would simply be too much for Chisora
                  Well, too bad we don't have height classes then.

Comment

I would be very much interested in this fight.
                    It's definitely not an easy fight for price. He loses, he is pretty much done. Same goes for Chisora. he has 4 defeats in a row...

Comment

Working...
                    X