Collapse
No announcement yet.

TMT p4p the worst stable in the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THe Only reason is that the promoter dont wont any fighter to steal his show or hype.

That is why he has a cruiserweight in his stable.

I mean really? An American cruiserweight

Comment

Most of the TMT fighters are only prospects so its too early to judge.Personally,i think Mickey Bey,Chris Pearson,Badou jack and J`leon Love are good prospects.

Comment

And Damon Dash promotions had a terrible stable called the Chin Checkers;Floyd`s stable is way better then the Chin checkers;the Chin Checkers lost to bums.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          You seem to have everything upside down. Jackson did not "steal" Mayweather's fighters. How could he have done that??? Either you're NEW or ignorant, maybe both, maybe neither, but certainly ill-informed.

Mayweather and Curtis Jackson, friends, formed the TMT together, and signed some boxers. The signing was left primarily to Jackson who had the ready money and he actually paid Top Rank $1.25 mill to get Gamboa's release. Mayweather went to gaol, and by the time he got out their friendship had frayed. Jackson said that Mayweather was supposed to have put in $2 mill as his share to start the company, but he couldn't get it out of him. They parted, their company was dissolved, and Jackson was left with boxers signed and a good deal of money invested. So he started his own company with the boxers whom he had signed and called is SMS.

The original TMT Promotions was to have featured Mayweather as their primary attraction, but his desertion, left Jackson "high and dry". I don't expect that he would have gone into boxing promotion, starting alone. But he was stuck, he had to. And he's trying to make a go of it, and may succeed, as he is on good terms with Top Rank.

Someone mentioned Pacquiao promotions as being nothing. They put on regular promotions in the Philippines, which is a good start. I don't know of they ever intended to be anything more than that. Cotto, Alvarez and the others have promotional companies as a means through which to diffuse tax from their fights.

Theirs 2 sides to the story,according to Floyd,he never agreed to start a promotional company with 50,which is believable because why would you want to give someone else half your earnings .Also the fact that 50`s associate wrote a letter to Floyd while Floyd was in prison-trying to get Floyd to leave Al Haymon to start a promotional company with him and 50-is another indication that Floyd never intended to start a promotional company with 50.

Comment

it is what it is its just now starting to get its foot in the door. their espn friday night fights are on showtime on friday. It has its positives but there is no way to know give it another few years before we know if it will be a legit power or not. You could have someone like broner go there you just never know

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              I'm guessing u never heard of paquiao promotions. I wonder why?
              Coz there is none

It is MP promotions just to correct u

Comment

Working...
              X