Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's run of bums has been worse: Deontay Wilder or Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's run of bums has been worse: Deontay Wilder or Kell Brook?

I think Wilder is as much of an absolute gimp as the next man, but Kell Brook's standard of opposition has been absolutely diabolical. These guys are actual bums. I don't think you could call Spillzka a bum.

The way that fighters these days fritter away their absolute apex prime is disgraceful. Compare what Wilder and Brook have been doing to what Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley did at their peaks, and what Morales and Dela Hoya did in their primes. Apples and oranges really.

I mean jesus Christ, it's not even the same sport anymore, Boxing is less about being the best and reaching for the stars, and the top top prizes, and more about bum-farming and gathering small paydays but preserving your record. Disgraceful.

Or ggs run
    Stevens
    Rosada
    Lemuix
    Monroe
    Rubio
    Ishida
    Etc etc

Comment

He beat Shawn Porter and he's being ducked by Khan. What's there left for him to prove?

Comment

clearly wilder.
        as far as i know brook has not fought any high school teachers as a world title defence

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          clearly wilder.
          as far as i know brook has not fought any high school teachers as a world title defence
          Brook's resume is better due to that one good win (which may become a very very good win if Thurman falls to Porter) but Wilder's recent bum run is better than Brook's recent bum run.

Jo Jo Dan, Gavin and Bizier? Thats awful man. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
            Brook's resume is better due to that one good win (which may become a very very good win if Thurman falls to Porter) but Wilder's recent bum run is better than Brook's recent bum run.

Jo Jo Dan, Gavin and Bizier? Thats awful man. Disgusting.
            Dan and Bizier were Mando's though...Gavin was a gimmie in front of the home fans of course no one will argue that..

Lets not forget that all of those names could be interchanged with Khan had the Bolton man been willing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              I think Wilder is as much of an absolute gimp as the next man, but Kell Brook's standard of opposition has been absolutely diabolical. These guys are actual bums. I don't think you could call Spillzka a bum.

The way that fighters these days fritter away their absolute apex prime is disgraceful. Compare what Wilder and Brook have been doing to what Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley did at their peaks, and what Morales and Dela Hoya did in their primes. Apples and oranges really.

I mean jesus Christ, it's not even the same sport anymore, Boxing is less about being the best and reaching for the stars, and the top top prizes, and more about bum-farming and gathering small paydays but preserving your record. Disgraceful.
              They are about just about the same. Each one has one notable win over a champion at the time. Porter in Brook's case and Stiverne in Wilder's case. But Wilder will probably get a little boost with the proposed upcoming Povetkin bout.

But my opinion, Kell Brook's sheet has just been awful. Besides begging Khan for a fight every week, the guy has done nothing tangible since his close win over Porter and there are no indications that he will ever fight anything with a pulse until the Khan payday arrives. Am not a Khan fan at the least bit but Khan is absolutely right in his assessment of Brook and his promoter.

They need to go fight some live body and this would only make the fight bigger. Though Khan hasn't done much lately, he can at least boast of having Garcia, Peterson, Judah, Maidana and Algeri on his resume while the other guy continues to fight bums after bums in the name of mandatories. People conveniently ignore the fact that champions can make voluntary defense which this guy conveniently ducked in Chavez only to go line up another bum in Bizier. I wonder why Chavez wasn't rescheduled if he was already solidified for the position. Smokescreen if you ask me. There is nothing special about this guy besides his ducking techniques.

Comment

Khan playing hard to get is not an excuse to fight 3 bums in a row....

There are plenty of decent fighters who could have fought...rework the Diego Chaves fight maybe? Why not get on the phone to Chris Algieri?

It looks like self preservation...

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                  Khan playing hard to get is not an excuse to fight 3 bums in a row....

There are plenty of decent fighters who could have fought...rework the Diego Chaves fight maybe? Why not get on the phone to Chris Algieri?

It looks like self preservation...
                  100% now they ganna blame khan for brook crappy resume lol

Comment

Wilders, Brooks has been poor but the standard has still been higher and he beat someone actually good who deserved his title in Porter. Stiverne was a nobody.

Comment

Working...
                    X