No announcement yet.

Will Golovkin move up and fight Ward??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
    GGG has much more options at 160 than Ward has at 168.
    None of GGG's options at 160 (outside of maybe Sergio who is in no hurry to fight him) would get him a bigger PPV in the States than Andre Ward would.

Am I wrong?

Comment

He should beat a contender at 68 first.

Comment

we get a lot of threads and comments like these lately...there's a group here who are hating on golovkin's success. they want him to move up because they badly want to see him lose.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          there's a group here who are hating on golovkin's success. they want him to move up because they badly want to see him lose.
          Why is it ok to ask Andre Ward to move up but not Golovkin?

Wouldn't a fight with Ward be bigger than anybody currently at 160 especially since the top guys there won't even fight GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            we get a lot of threads and comments like these lately...there's a group here who are hating on golovkin's success. they want him to move up because they badly want to see him lose.
            It sounds just like the group of Ward haters, mayweather haters here on the forums. Everyone wants the guy with that "0 " to get beat by bigger fighters since they make equal sized fighters look inferior. It is a on going trend everytime Mayweather, Ward, and GGG win. Hate is widespread on this forums. Gotta love it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Why is it ok to ask Andre Ward to move up but not Golovkin?

Wouldn't a fight with Ward be bigger than anybody currently at 160 especially since the top guys there won't even fight GGG?

who said it's not ok? i'm just pointing out the agenda of these anti-golovkin posters.

as for me, they should both move up...just to **** up the minds of haters.

Comment

Jajaja every top/marketable fighter should just move up a weight class just to **** with us

Comment

I thought GGG wanted to move down to fight Floyd.

This terrifies Larry and the rest of team spastic and was the real motivation for him making this thread

Comment

I'm pretty sure Martinez, Quillin and Barker will never fight GGG. I think he should wait another year, try to get a fight against Murray or Geale, once it's clear that Martinez has no intention of fighting him, he should move up. Andre sounds like he will stay at 168 for a couple more years so the fight can definitely happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      None of GGG's options at 160 (outside of maybe Sergio who is in no hurry to fight him) would get him a bigger PPV in the States than Andre Ward would.

Am I wrong?
                      You're right, but right now it wouldn't be smart for HBO to put this particular fight on PPV because the names are quite that big, Ward showed he has a following and he's exciting, he's slowly building his name. A win over a Chavez, Jr. and Froch 2 on PPV bouts would get his name up there.

GGG needs to do his 4 fight plan and in his last fight if he can get Sergio as his 4th fight for PPV that'd be huge. Then next year you could do tune-up fights for Ward and GGG then have a Summer PPV showdown with the hype built up.

Comment

Working...
                      X