No announcement yet.

Legendary Fights: Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendary Fights: Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello

Aaron Pryor is probably the most underrated and overlooked fighter of all time. He did whatever he had to do to win and he adapted to everyone that stepped into the ring with him. Pacquiao is one of my favorite fighters because he fights a lot like Pryor(my favorite fighter of all time), not because he's filipino.

It's a good thing Sugar Ray Leonard avoided him for so long because he might have stolen his legend.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-19-2013, 09:35 AM.

I knew this upload of mine would come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      I knew this upload of mine would come in handy.

Sugar ray sold himself out bro . Pryor knew he could get a lot more than 500k.

btw... **** I posted this **** in the wrong forum
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-19-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
        Sugar ray sold himself out bro . Pryor knew he could get a lot more than 500k.

btw... **** I posted this **** in the wrong forum
        Aaron Pryor earned 45k for his title winning effort against Cervantes. 500k was a lot of money for him. He was nowhere near the fame or level of SRL hence Leonard was going to be making a lot more money. Pryor didn't truly want it, no matter how much he tries to tell everyone he did. Otherwise he would have accepted the offer that was 10x his highest payday up until that point.
        Last edited by Barn; 05-19-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Aaron Pryor earned 45k for his title winning effort against Cervantes. 500k was a lot of money for him. He was nowhere near the fame or level of SRL hence Leonard was going to be making a lot more money. Pryor didn't truly want it, no matter how much he tries to tell everyone he did. Otherwise he would have accepted the offer that was 10x his highets payday up until that point.
          exactly. He was offered 45k BEFORE he beat cervantes.

People knew he wasn't a nobody anymore after he became a world champion.

Not only did he take his belt, but he knocked him out in 4 rounds.

Comment

exactly. He was offered 45k BEFORE he beat cervantes.

People knew he wasn't a nobody anymore after he became a world champion.

Not only did he take his belt, but he knocked him out in 4 rounds.
            Which was his highest payday still. This bout is 3rd title defence and he still hadn't made more than that. Nobody gave a crap about Pryor because it was a terrible division and he hadn't beaten anyone that good apart from the 2 million fight Cervantes.

It's hilarious how Pryor tries to appear the victim but refused an offer from SRL and a Duran fight fell through at negotiations for reasons unspecified. (Leading me to believe it was his fault, again!)

Of all the fighters in history Pryor fans are certainly the craziest and over-rate Pryor like hell.

He has 3 good wins that aren't even that good.

Comment

Which was his highest payday still. This bout is 3rd title defence and he still hadn't made more than that. Nobody gave a crap about Pryor because it was a terrible division and he hadn't beaten anyone that good apart from the 2 million fight Cervantes.

It's hilarious how Pryor tries to appear the victim but refused an offer from SRL and a Duran fight fell through at negotiations for reasons unspecified. (Leading me to believe it was his fault, again!)

Of all the fighters in history Pryor fans are certainly the craziest and over-rate Pryor like hell.

He has 3 good wins that aren't even that good.
              At the end of the day, the truth is in the ring. Anyone with eyes knows what Pryor brought to the table.

How much money was Ali making before he beat sonny liston? How much money was Danny Garcia making before he beat Erik Morales?

Once you become a champion, you don't have to fight for peanuts anymore. Especially since this is a bloodsport. Even more-so back then with 15 rounders.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

At the end of the day, the truth is in the ring. Anyone with eyes knows what Pryor brought to the table.
                Not much more than a high workrate. Leonard would embarrass him, as would have Duran. Hearns would KO him early.

How much money was Ali making before he beat sonny liston? How much money was Danny Garcia making before he beat Erik Morales?
                My point was that Pryor hadn't made more than 45k even 3 defences later. Even if he did feel he was being short-changed (which he wasn't) a win against Leonard would propel him to the status he always clamoured. However he knew Leonard would embarrass him and wanted more money if he was going to be embarrassed.

Once you become a champion, you don't have to fight for peanuts anymore. Especially since this is a bloodsport. Where every fight has the potential to take something away from you that you can never get back.
                He was still fighting for peanuts 3 bouts later.

Comment

I wouldn't even know who Pryor was if the trainers and vets at my boxing gym didn't talk him up so much, and after I did some research I saw why

My point was that Pryor hadn't made more than 45k even 3 defences later. Even if he did feel he was being short-changed (which he wasn't) a win against Leonard would propel him to the status he always clamoured. However he knew Leonard would embarrass him and wanted more money if he was going to be embarrassed.

He was still fighting for peanuts 3 bouts later.
                  Yeah well things don't always go according to plan. I did say he was underrated and overlooked.

After he realized he couldn't get paid, he started publicly chasing fights, and those fights got away from him.
                  Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-19-2013, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't even know who Pryor was if the trainers and vets at my boxing gym didn't talk him up so much, and after I did some research I saw why
                    Because he was an average title holder whose only 3 good wins are a Cervantes who went on to do a whole lot of nothing after losing his 9x10^16 fight against Pryor. That and two wins against a very faded Arguello who had done nothing and never did anything 140.

Yeah well things don't always go according to plan. I did say he was underrated and overlooked.
                    Maybe in the past, now he's over-rated and people rank him in the top 50 best fighters ever which is a joke. People also think he'd have a chance with the Fab 4 which he wouldn't.

After he realized he couldn't get paid, he started publicly chasing fights, and those fights got away from him.
                    Well it's his own stupid fault. Don't **** around with the likes of Duran and Leonard at the negotiating table. You need them, they don't need you.

Comment

Working...
                    X