No announcement yet.

If Froch beats Bute is he a HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is... He.... ****!!!

His Technique is horrible... HORRIBLE!!!

And ...after he loses on saturday nigt he'll have lost on all 3 occassions when he's faced top class opisition.

Comment

So let me ask some of the folks in this thread, is Bute a HOF?

Comment

He didn't beat Dirrell.

Comment

Bute is going to beat him anyway though. Would love to see the Bute-Froch winner fight Kessler in the fall.

Comment

If they looked at name value yes. But if you look at quality then no
            Abraham was never meant to be a SMW he's a small mw really the only thing that kept him interesting was his power
            Jt by that time was nothing great after his two losses to
            Pavlik and that crap win over a already shot lacy. Plus he damn near lost that fight had jt not gassed but it what it is.
            He got beat by a somewhat past it Kessler who just got severely outboxed and headbutted by ward so he wasn't exactly top class.
            And let's face it glen Johnson's a hard fight for anyone but he should one that fight anyway but I still respect him for taking these fights because it's not the easiest schedule in the world and Most people would opted to just stay at home and fight euro bums

Comment

I don't think he should.
              Big Wins, none of these guys are HOF, they are ok.
              Johnson (42 year old, coming down in weight)
              Abraham (Middleweight champ, too small for 168)
              Dirrell (close fight in his hometown)
              Taylor (middleweight champ, too small for 168 (1-3 rec), was losing until KO)
              Pascal (only good win over Dawson)

Even if he beats Bute twice, should he get in?, Bute has not fought anyone and hasn't fought away from home.
              NO he should not get in, he needs a couple more years of wins.

Comment

My gut feeling is no but his resume is (arguably) as good as (or better) than Barry McGuigan, Terry Norris, Jackie Berg (one of my hero's), Ken Norton & probably half a dozen others in the Hall of Fame.

There are at least 25 fighters BETTER than all of the above NOT in the Hall Of Fame. It's a subjective choice.
                Last edited by taansend; 05-23-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                  I don't think he should.
                  Big Wins, none of these guys are HOF, they are ok.
                  Johnson (42 year old, coming down in weight)
                  Abraham (Middleweight champ, too small for 168)
                  Dirrell (close fight in his hometown)
                  Taylor (middleweight champ, too small for 168 (1-3 rec), was losing until KO)
                  Pascal (only good win over Dawson)

Even if he beats Bute twice, should he get in?, Bute has not fought anyone and hasn't fought away from home.
                  NO he should not get in, he needs a couple more years of wins.
                  Abraham was the favorite to win that fight
                  Johnson in his to fights before froth had a close war with Cloud, and a KO win over Green
                  Dirrel should have won that fight but he didn't
                  Taylor wasn't considered washed up. and didn't fight that way until he gassed out. That fight is what had people think JT was really done not before it.
                  Pascal undefeated at the time, win over Dawson and a draw with hopkins another solid win.
                  I thought Froch beat Kesssler by a point but why people consider Kessler washed up is funny to me, you start to lose or look worse when you step your competition up and thats whats happening to him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    No, he's my favorite Super Middleweight fighter all time, but he needs more at this point than just beating Bute.
                    I agree, both statements.

An uncontroversial win over Bute and a rematch with Kessler then maybe. If he has similar success @ 175 then yes.

Comment

bute is ****.. hasnt faced anyone worth mentioning..

froch should beat bute when they fight..
                      bute, got tkoed against librado (spelling, the mexican cat) who is a class b- fighter..

i cant stand bute, hes being talked about like hes a great supermiddle when he hasnt faced any1 of importance.. eff him

Comment

Working...
                      X