No announcement yet.

I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    ANd if you made guns illegal, those idiots who would would be first to use them, would still likely hvae guns. . .

THen you'd leave law abiding citizens without a gun in their house to be able to protect their family. .

My dad had a handgun, but I didn't even know he had it until I was like 16-17. . He kept it locked away in a hidden safe in his room. . .
    I always think about having guns, and stacking them under the couch or taping it under the table. If someone took you hostage, you surprise him. But then I look at con's of it.

It's great if you live alone, but if kids, it better be locked up safely and away from sight, which would make it more difficult to get to it, unless you saw the intruder coming and had time to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      lol, I was talking about the woods where it's usually one shot and done. In my city last year a Chinese boy killed his father in front of a public library with a cross-bow.
      Well yeah in the woods. Hell I'd rather take two shots from a 30/30 than a damn crossbow bolt to the midsection.

Nobody is surviving that damage lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        I always think about having guns, and stacking them under the couch or taping it under the table. If someone took you hostage, you surprise him. But then I look at con's of it.

It's great if you live alone, but if kids, it better be locked up safely and away from sight, which would make it more difficult to get to it, unless you saw the intruder coming and had time to get it.

Haha yup!

But yeah when you have little kids, who are always curious and snooping, it's most definitely appropriate to keep it locked away. . . But then I guess if an intruder did come in by surprise, you might not have time to get it. . .

Comment

Studies time and time again have showed that yoyu are more likely to hurt yourself and the people close to than ever using it in self defense.

How many love triangles have turned fatal over a heart broken guy with a gun?
          How many people have taken their own life and someone else's while being drunk/intoxicated?
          When absolute ******s and lunatics can just walk into a store and buy enough guns and ammo and go on a rampage.

How many ******s have tried to be a hero during a robbery and it turned fatal?

Comment

Are there any of you guys who are pro guns but have changed their mind in light of the zimmerman incident?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
              Studies time and time again have showed that yoyu are more likely to hurt yourself and the people close to than ever using it in self defense.

How many love triangles have turned fatal over a heart broken guy with a gun?
              How many people have taken their own life and someone else's while being drunk/intoxicated?
              When absolute ******s and lunatics can just walk into a store and buy enough guns and ammo and go on a rampage.

How many ******s have tried to be a hero during a robbery and it turned fatal?

Studies have also shown that studies and statistics can be construed however you like. . .

There should be stricter regulations, no doubt. . . But you can't just ban them outright.

Comment

Kids finding guns at home and end up hurting someone.
                Like that 12 year old kid that got bullied in school.
                Blew his brains out like he probably seen people do in movies and tv shows.

Don't you think that absolutely destroyed every bodies lives in that family?
                Like the dad, how could he live with himself knowing it was his gun that caused it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
                  Are there any of you guys who are pro guns but have changed their mind in light of the zimmerman incident?
                  Anybody who would change their mind over that incident, shouldn't have a "mind" worthy of merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                    Kids finding guns at home and end up hurting someone.
                    Like that 12 year old kid that got bullied in school.
                    Blew his brains out like he probably seen people do in movies and tv shows.

Don't you think that absolutely destroyed every bodies lives in that family?
                    Like the dad, how could he live with himself knowing it was his gun that caused it.
                    Dad was stupid for not keeping it safely hidden, and locked away from his kid. . . That is irresponsible on his part. .

You hear these isolated incidents on the news, and everybody says "BAN GUNS"!!

And yes, incidents like Zimmerman, and incidents of kids finding their parents guns and killing another kid or themselves are not "everyday occurrences"

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      Studies have also shown that studies and statistics can be construed however you like. . .

There should be stricter regulations, no doubt. . . But you can't just ban them outright.
                      Only licensed and trained people should be able to get access to guns.
                      Not some random guy walking into a gun store.
                      A lack off police record and no stay at a mental hospital shouldn't be enough for a person to be able to get a gun.
                      Some states don't even have that.
                      No background check......

very reasonable! :smh:

Comment

Working...
                      X