No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel sorry for Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel sorry for Cotto?

He had a perfect career up till marg brutally beat him; arguably with loaded gloves, the beating he took was saddening in my eyes..then in order for a juicy pay day he steps in slightly drained (there's no way he was looking his usual self) n takes a beating from a much greater opponent in PAC..then his pops dies...on top off this u never hear him bitching or moaning about anything n quietly gets on...
    Ofcourse he's got paid good, but u gotta feel for the guy from what he was to how he is now....yeah/no?

Dudes rolling with 40 million... He'll be just fine..

Comment

Thats boxing for you, You get the good and bad and roll with it.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Dudes rolling with 40 million... He'll be just fine..
        Suppose that wud numb some of the pain...lol!

Comment

If Margarito did have loaded gloves, then yeah. Otherwise it's just another story of a boxer who take a couple beatings and couldn't recover from it.

Comment

I feel for him, but old time fighters dealt with the same issues on a normal basis. Guy's would load their gloves and do all types of shady stuff and never get caught. Their opponents weren't even fazed cause half the time they never found out. I think a big part of it with Cotto could be psychological.

Comment

He's promoting fights on the side. He just ain't that hungry fighter anymore. Regardless....I'd still pay to see him fight, cause Cotto will always give it all he's got.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                Suppose that wud numb some of the pain...lol!
                pain is mor like "clean up on aisle 4"

40 mil .. lol what pain..

Comment

What about Gatti, Burley, and all the rest of the gatekeepers?

Comment

Nah, that's Boxing for you.

He's fought the best, and lost to a known cheat and lost to the #1 fighter int he world.

Truthfully, I think he gets too much flack for his losses. Dude is still a problem at 147 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X