No announcement yet.

Trump Ahead of Clinton in the Latest Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    he has a consistent record of being anti-war. look at his opposition to the invasion of Iraq, his prediction of hillary and obama's mess in Libya, his reluctance to intervene in Syria and Ukraine. listen to his foreign policy speech. what high possibility are you talking about?

if muslims are going to muzz out, it won't be because of trump, it will be because of 8 years of obama and hillary's failed and criminal foreign policy in the Middle East, the ones who actually enacted your hypotheticals... and because they're ******s.

the majority of his speeches are about trade and the economy. please inform yourself, read past the headlines and stop getting your info from TMZ.
    So you want a guy who says to bring back torturing "even if it doesn't work", you want a guy who said that we should target civilians in the middle east and kill the families of isis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
      So you want a guy who says to bring back torturing "even if it doesn't work", you want a guy who said that we should target civilians in the middle east and kill the families of isis?
      islamists have declared war on the west a long time ago, we're ****ed no matter what we do. better to harden our methods than to lie down and take it further up the ass like Europe. look at the Brussels mess, the bomber was hiding near his parent's house and was protected by the entire damn neighborhood, the police couldn't go in for weeks. how stupid is that? look at San Bernardino, nobody said **** about the stockpile of weapons at the apartment. families need to be held accountable.

Comment

• As a scotsman it matters little to me who wins the presidential race. Would rather trump wins because he reminds me of a slightly saner Boris Johnson. Small hands though, worrying

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post

The problem with this theory is that candidates like Biden, Warren, Kerry, and Bloomberg are incredibly strong candidates. Trump was running against 15 no hopers and Jeb Bush.

That's a part problem, though. The Democratic party has way more stars and impressive resumes than the Republican party does right now.

You seem to infer that I implied Clinton would've sailed through 17 other opponents easily when I never did. I'm simply saying that Trump flew under the radar for a while and benefited from an extremely weak pool of candidates, which he did.

I do think Clinton would've emerged in your hypothetical, though. Simply put she's the most qualified candidate that's run for the office since Bush Sr. regardless of unfavorables.

I don't have to like her to respect her.
          What the h*ll are you talking about? 15 no hopers?? You also act as if Trump just sailed through the primary process since his initial announcement, slamming Mexico, as a cake walk. No other presidential candidate in the history of this country, and in all honesty, any political candidate to ever run for office has ever seen this much sustained verbal abuse by the media for this long. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Having the Pope, UK's prime minister and plenty more world leaders criticizing him. And yet, he just keep's growing and getting exponentially more support
          It's political geniuses like you who have placed a ceiling for Trump at every point and turn. Asserting that there's no way Donald Trump could overcome his controversies from past and present, and then steam rolls right over the conventional wisdom thinkers in politics.

Biden is such a strong candidate that, like Mitt Romney, he cowered away from actually running against the big Clinton name (Bush for Romney).
          What does it mean to you that Democrats are down 35 percent, whereas the Republicans are up over 70 percent. And in some cases, much more than that during this primary season?

You're saying she's the most qualified? Name five things she accomplished in her tenure as an elected official that bettered the lives of Americans?
          Last edited by creekrat77; 05-24-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

We want a guy that prioritizes the interest and well being of American's first before anything else. Not being a politically correct puppet so are "friends" can continue taking advantage and sucking the blood out our once economic powerhouse of a country.
            Last thing we need is a third term of Obama with Hillary continuing to sell us out. Challenging the status quo and not being a political hack are two things that show true leadership, and it's what we've been needing for years. Hillary, plain and simple, is a corrupt, spineless puppet who has no convictions any of us know to be true

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              islamists have declared war on the west a long time ago, we're ****ed no matter what we do. better to harden our methods than to lie down and take it further up the ass like Europe. look at the Brussels mess, the bomber was hiding near his parent's house and was protected by the entire damn neighborhood, the police couldn't go in for weeks. how stupid is that? look at San Bernardino, nobody said **** about the stockpile of weapons at the apartment. families need to be held accountable.
              Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
              We want a guy that prioritizes the interest and well being of American's first before anything else. Not being a politically correct puppet so are "friends" can continue taking advantage and sucking the blood out our once economic powerhouse of a country.
              Last thing we need is a third term of Obama with Hillary continuing to sell us out. Challenging the status quo and not being a political hack are two things that show true leadership, and it's what we've been needing for years. Hillary, plain and simple, is a corrupt, spineless puppet who has no convictions any of us know to be true
              So its ok for the US to commit war crimes?

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                What the h*ll are you talking about? 15 no hopers?? You also act as if Trump just sailed through the primary process since his initial announcement, slamming Mexico, as a cake walk. No other presidential candidate in the history of this country, and in all honesty, any political candidate to ever run for office has ever seen this much sustained verbal abuse by the media for this long. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Having the Pope, UK's prime minister and plenty more world leaders criticizing him. And yet, he just keep's growing and getting exponentially more support
                It's political geniuses like you who have placed a ceiling for Trump at every point and turn. Asserting that there's no way Donald Trump could overcome his controversies from past and present, and then steam rolls right over the conventional wisdom thinkers in politics.

Biden is such a strong candidate that, like Mitt Romney, he cowered away from actually running against the big Clinton name (Bush for Romney).
                What does it mean to you that Democrats are down 35 percent, whereas the Republicans are up over 70 percent. And in some cases, much more than that during this primary season?

You're saying she's the most qualified? Name five things she accomplished in her tenure as an elected official that bettered the lives of Americans?
                Ehhh...We can debate this over and over again but the reality is there's really no point. Trump ran against weak candidates - That is a fact. Bush had a name but it wasn't a particularly good one given the low marks his brother's presidency consistently gets. He wasn't even a likeable dumbass like George was, he was just a dumbass. Even against Clinton he's running against a weak candidate. Both of them have unfavorable ratings that are utterly absurd.

You can't lump me in with the media writing off Trump. I'm not a media personality. I knew he would do well in the primaries because, unlike most on the left, I listen to conservative talk radio on a daily basis. Most of it is for a good laugh, but part of that is opposition research. I was fully aware of the wave of hate and contempt brewing on that side of the aisle going as far back as 2008, so I expected him to gain ground once he started acting like a jingoist.

I will concede that I didn't expect him to win, but that was purely for financial reasons. He's done this **** before with exploratory committees and toying with independent runs in both 2000 and 2012, but he always dropped out. I figured he wouldn't have the balls to put up the kind of money needed to run a successful campaign. Figured it'd hurt his bank account too much. So I expected a repeat this season.

Regardless, I'm talking in circles now addressing the same points with you that I've already addressed countless times since returning with Trump fans in a plethora of other threads. Look through my post history if you're that interested in my positions.

As for the bolded : Those drops in Democratic turnout are compared to the 2008 cycle. Also known as the largest ever voter turnout ever, which is the cycle they compare all Democratic turnout to now. Obama set the new standard. Most experts agree that we'll never see numbers like that again, so a decline is expected. Particularly with a weak candidate like Clinton running.

The rise in Republican turnout was also expected and predicted since 2014 - Voter turnout is always much higher on the side that is the opposition to whatever party the current incumbent. Look it up.

I'll be sure to bump this thread in November when it's all over with.

Not even to gloat about the victory (because I really won't consider it one), but just to discuss the fallout with other politically minded BS'ers as we move forward.

Comment

So its ok for the US to commit war crimes?
                  Fuck yeah it is, bro.

Bomb everybody back in to the stone age and build the wall! Who gives a fuck how much any of it is going to cost? It's going to be tremendous.

USA! USA! USA!

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    Fuck yeah it is, bro.

Bomb everybody back in to the stone age and build the wall! Who gives a fuck how much any of it is going to cost? It's going to be tremendous.

USA! USA! USA!

So lets kill innocent women and children so we could "feel safer"? Not only is nuking the Middle East an act of hostility and in-humaneness, using nuclear weapons would create dozens of environmental and biological problems, not to mention the obvious massive political problems we'd face, countries would hate us and some will try to replicate us (North Korea).

Comment

Sounds good. Whats the problem in that?

Comment

Working...
                      X