No announcement yet.

Roberto Duran still gots it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
    He quit because Leonard was simply outclassing him entirely that fight.

BUT: that fight wasn't Duran at his best. Duran after beating Leonard the first time partied it up and got fat/lazy. Leonard knew Duran always did this, and got him an offer he couldn't refuse. Duran took that fight knowing he wouldn't be in good condition, and proceeded to get clowned on during the fight.
    LeonarD didn't outclass him.

It was close fight.

Duran just got frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Gotta love Duran, his slip game was insane, James Toney would use similar stuff slip and counter rolling with shots.

But man Duran was very inconsistent, I forgot what fight it was but man he bored the hell out of me, he had a few fights that seemed like he threw the fight for money, I knew he threw that rematch with Leonard he got paid a couple more million for that fight, who the hell quits and doesnt answer to this day why he quit and he wasnt even getting touched up either, Leonard was just running that fight and shoe suffling.

Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns were exciting, Tommy Hearns is hands down my all time favorite most consistent warrior to me, dude always came for your head. it was either kill or be killed with him
      Lol

Duran was very inconsistent..... LMFAO

By the time leonard fought duran, Duran was 71-1.

Only loss was to another hofer, which he avenged in the rematch.

Duran was inconsistent after 15 yrs as a pro, due to age and being out of shape at times.

Plus he had no business at Super welterweight and middleweight.

Comment

Dope ****.

Comment

This was great. Mora was pulling his punches at the start then he realized Duran still had it. Maybe that JCC/Duran sparring match will be interesting after all.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            He quit because Leonard was simply outclassing him entirely that fight.

BUT: that fight wasn't Duran at his best. Duran after beating Leonard the first time partied it up and got fat/lazy. Leonard knew Duran always did this, and got him an offer he couldn't refuse. Duran took that fight knowing he wouldn't be in good condition, and proceeded to get clowned on during the fight.

He quit because his fat ass had to take laxatives to make weight and he was going to chit himself in front of millions on national TV..... which embarrassment is worse? Duran chosed to be known as a quitter versus a pants chitter.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
              Damn, one of my favorite fights. Leonard stun Duran in that fight too. That's what you get when two prime great fighters fighting each other. Imagine if Pac and May fighting at their primes.
              Never again will you get a fight between two top ten atgs in their prime close to their best weight. It's an unbelievable fight.... I can't understand how it always gets overshadowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                You would be surprised , Im over 60 can still let them go and often spar with young fellas , a good friend of mine just won a 3 rounder in one of those fight like a pro nights where he beat a 40 yr old and he is 62 .

Have a read what this old fella accomplished , he beat the Pros at 61 .

http://www.elitefeet.com/the-legend-of-cliff-young

Every year, Australia hosts 543.7-mile (875-kilometer) endurance racing from Sydney to Melbourne. It is considered among the world's most grueling ultra-marathons. The race takes five days to complete and is normally only attempted by world-class athletes who train specially for the event. These athletes are typically less than 30 years old and backed by large companies such as Nike.

In 1983, a man named Cliff Young showed up at the start of this race. Cliff was 61 years old and wore overalls and work boots. To everyone's shock, Cliff wasn't a spectator. He picked up his race number and joined the other runners.
                That is unreal, man. Goes to show that age can really be just a number. That Cliff is such an inspiration. And well, a testament that farm work will definitely keep a person in shape. Great read!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  Lol

Duran was very inconsistent..... LMFAO

By the time leonard fought duran, Duran was 71-1.

Only loss was to another hofer, which he avenged in the rematch.

Duran was inconsistent after 15 yrs as a pro, due to age and being out of shape at times.

Plus he had no business at Super welterweight and middleweight.
                  How did he not have business there? He won titles at both weights.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Gotta love Duran, his slip game was insane, James Toney would use similar stuff slip and counter rolling with shots.

But man Duran was very inconsistent, I forgot what fight it was but man he bored the hell out of me, he had a few fights that seemed like he threw the fight for money, I knew he threw that rematch with Leonard he got paid a couple more million for that fight, who the hell quits and doesnt answer to this day why he quit and he wasnt even getting touched up either, Leonard was just running that fight and shoe suffling.

Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns were exciting, Tommy Hearns is hands down my all time favorite most consistent warrior to me, dude always came for your head. it was either kill or be killed with him
                    I think Duran had a few fights where the only training he did was at the open workouts for the press. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      How did he not have business there? He won titles at both weights.
                      Because he's not of super welterweight or middleweight size?

You know most of his fights above 147 he was pudgy right?

Comment

Working...
                      X