Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Knockout of 2011? (Watch & Vote)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire has won sports illustrated TKO of the year.

Comment

You shouldn't win "KO of the year" by knocking out a shot fighter or a bum. I mean there were a TON of "omg!!!" ko's this year. Russell ko'ing that bum, wilder, some euro fight I can't think of. Point is, KO of the year not only should be an amazing KO, it should be against a top fighter or at least a contender.

Therefor, Donaire wins it, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        You shouldn't win "KO of the year" by knocking out a shot fighter or a bum. I mean there were a TON of "omg!!!" ko's this year. Russell ko'ing that bum, wilder, some euro fight I can't think of. Point is, KO of the year not only should be an amazing KO, it should be against a top fighter or at least a contender.

Therefor, Donaire wins it, imo.
        Roy Jones, though older, is still a very fast and tricky boxer. Lets not forget that before his KO loss to Lebedev, Jones lost a decision to Hopkins and even managed to win 3 or 4 rounds.

Two judges scored Hopkins/Jones 117-111, meaning Jones won 3 rounds against BHOP.

Proof that Jones is still very tricky, fast and can compete at the higher levels.

Next fight he was KTFO by Lebedev.

Comment

This KO is at least as good as Montiel/Donaire :

Comment

Donaire vs Montiel should've won the best TKO of the year, How phukk do you win the best KO OTY and the guy gets up, GTOH with that nonsense.

Comment

Floyd's KO of Victor "Headbutt opponents multiple times to gain an advantage" Ortiz deserves a mention.

That moment was poetic justice at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
                Roy Jones, though older, is still a very fast and tricky boxer. Lets not forget that before his KO loss to Lebedev, Jones lost a decision to Hopkins and even managed to win 3 or 4 rounds.

Two judges scored Hopkins/Jones 117-111, meaning Jones won 3 rounds against BHOP.

Proof that Jones is still very tricky, fast and can compete at the higher levels.

You can't seriously be trying to justify knocking out this version of Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post

c'mon on man. Jones was KO'd by danny green round 1. Sure, he may have won 2-3 rounds on some judges scorecards against hopkins but he didn't do jack in that fight and it was probably more of what hopkins was doing, or his tactics, that won him a couple rounds, versus what jones was actually doing in the ring. The fact that hopkins didn't knock him out means little since hopkins hasn't scored a knock out since 1973.

Comment

I think it's a tie between Broner-Litzau and Donaire-Montiel.

Comment

That Marc Huck ko was brutal, so was the Roy Jones one. Man I bet that really upset Reed.

Comment

Working...
                      X