No announcement yet.

Will Clottey take a dive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Clottey take a dive?

Arum doesn't seem keen on making anybody but his boy Pacquiao look good for this fight - we've all seen the favouritism he's displayed for him, and the lack of enthusiasm for Clottey's chances. So, might they be planning on paying the otherwise un-knockoutable Clottey more than just his 1 million guarantee to take a dive?

The rationale would be to make Pacquaio look even more like a relentless 'monster' (even at the risk of more PED accusations) and be in an even stronger position to command that all-important huge payday against the Mayweather-Mosley winner. I wouldn't put anything past that snake Arum.

You heard it here first. If Clottey gets stopped, it's a dive.

i didn't expect this kind of thread from you pat

Comment

no offense to clottey because i think he can beat pac.......but does he really have to take a dive for pac to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        i didn't expect this kind of thread from you pat
        Well hey, the thought just occurred to me earlier today y'know. When it comes to Mayweather-Mosley, we know both men hate each others' guts and wouldn't lay down for anyone - even if GBP wanted it to happen.

But with Pacquiao-Clottey, and Arum doing his thing, I've got this sneaky feeling that it's not going to be as cut-and-cry, and there's no way Arum would want Clottey ruining his masterplan. He'll make sure of it.

Comment

Clottey a african. He not taking no dives

Comment

africans have too much pride for that ****...manny will take poonches...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkha View Post
              no offense to clottey because i think he can beat pac.......but does he really have to take a dive for pac to win?
              Clottey can't win a decision, and that's clear as day. But for Pacquaio, it'd come across as far more impressive if he stopped yet another tough opponent - the guy's had a major streak going since Diaz. A decision would be fine, but Arum might be thinking "Have him stopped, and we can carry on this monster image for Pacquiao".

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but there's a first for everything.

Comment

Clottey said he's done if he gets robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
                  Clottey a african. He not taking no dives
                  Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                  africans have too much pride for that ****...manny will take poonches...
                  not only that..... what's the point of taking a dive?

he'll make more money if he wins.

i mean he will never be a pacquiao/mayweather level draw but if he puts manny to sleep , he can make some good money.

this is his lottery right here. not only will he make a mil but if he wins he'll make much more.

people and their silly "take a dive" talk...... ignorance.

people take money to lose on the lower levels of the sport. when you hit this high a level , it doesn't happen much.

Comment

Originally posted by 2npac View Post
                    Clottey said he's done if he gets robbed.
                    Maybe an inflated bank balance at the end of the day can make people say certain things if persuaded...

Comment

Working...
                    X