Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin, K2 Promotions Still Plan To Negotiate Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    So who exactly is GGG going to fight next? BJS has already pulled out of negotiations before and in spite of his talk, I see no reason to think he truly wants GGG next. So if no Canelo, who?
    Jacobs, Lee, Quillin?

What about Canela? Who will she fight? Josie Harris? I thought she had cleaned out her 155 lb division. Or maybe she'll give Lara a return?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Jacobs, Lee, Quillin?

What about Canela? Who will she fight? Josie Harris? I thought she had cleaned out her 155 lb division. Or maybe she'll give Lara a return?
      Lee & Quillin? Over Lara? Yuck. Jacobs has a date lined up already so I think he's a long shot for September. Why not Lara?

Comment

Lee & Quillin? Over Lara? Yuck. Jacobs has a date lined up already so I think he's a long shot for September. Why not Lara?
        Don't know? Will people say that Lara was not a MW as soon as GGG has battered him? Maybe if Lara beats a MW contender first?

Comment

Don't know? Will people say that Lara was not a MW as soon as GGG has battered him? Maybe if Lara beats a MW contender first?
          Does it matter if they say that? He's a better name than any other viable option.

Comment

Does it matter if they say that? He's a better name than any other viable option.
            Better name? I'm not sure I agree. The others have a MW pedigree while Lara had a fairly close bout with Vanes last time out. That's hardly a recommendation for a shot at the monstrous GGG IMO.

Comment

Better name? I'm not sure I agree. The others have a MW pedigree while Lara had a fairly close bout with Vanes last time out. That's hardly a recommendation for a shot at the monstrous GGG IMO.
              Middleweight pedigree? I mean, he's shooting for a fight with Canelo and what middleweight pedigree does he have? His toughest fight, other than Mayweather, was against Lara.

Look, Lara is better than the other viable names. I'd rather watch that then some middling contender. Lara is arguably the best at 154 and he is shouting for the fight. Seriously, who wouldn't wanna see it? Not like the alternatives are better.

Comment

Middleweight pedigree? I mean, he's shooting for a fight with Canelo and what middleweight pedigree does he have? His toughest fight, other than Mayweather, was against Lara.

Look, Lara is better than the other viable names. I'd rather watch that then some middling contender. Lara is arguably the best at 154 and he is shouting for the fight. Seriously, who wouldn't wanna see it? Not like the alternatives are better.
                Come on now. Canela is (was?) lineal champion. I don't really give a **** about his 155 lb division. At fightnight he is a big MW.

As a sidenote, I think his draining of himself will be his downfall soon if he does not 'move up'. I would like your take on that postulate of mine dazed.

Lara is an option. Personally I don't see him as having separated himself from the others at all.

Comment

Come on now. Canela is (was?) lineal champion. I don't really give a **** about his 155 lb division. At fightnight he is a big MW.

As a sidenote, I think his draining of himself will be his downfall soon if he does not 'move up'. I would like your take on that postulate of mine dazed.

Lara is an option. Personally I don't see him as having separated himself from the others at all.
                  If Canelo as lineal champion, Lara is the next best. Again, he gave Canelo his toughest fight other than Mayweather and some say he won. You just can't discount Lara and he's a lot more intriguing and exciting then whomever else is viable.

It's like there's always some excuse why GGG has to face nondescript opposition. Forget ****ing Canelo if he doesn't want to fight and carve out your own legacy. Destroying his toughest opponent (again, other than Floyd) is a start. And certainly better than the Dominic Wades of the world.

Comment

If Canelo as lineal champion, Lara is the next best. Again, he gave Canelo his toughest fight other than Mayweather and some say he won. You just can't discount Lara and he's a lot more intriguing and exciting then whomever else is viable.

It's like there's always some excuse why GGG has to face nondescript opposition. Forget ****ing Canelo if he doesn't want to fight and carve out your own legacy. Destroying his toughest opponent (again, other than Floyd) is a start. And certainly better than the Dominic Wades of the world.
                    Well that was a valid point. Destroying a fighter who arguably beat Canela would look good. Still Lara is underweight, but your point stands to a good degree.

Your take on my weight question?

Comment

Well that was a valid point. Destroying a fighter who arguably beat Canela would look good. Still Lara is underweight, but your point stands to a good degree.

Your take on my weight question?
                      Lara's weight is barely any different than Canelo's. GGG's opposition is nondescript at best. The idea that Lara needs to do something else to get a shot is laughable considering the other viable options.

As for your weight question, I don't know if he's draining himself or not so I can't speak on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X