Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen, if Povetkin took it after January 1st, then fuck Povetkin, ban his ass for 3 years for not following the rules/law of the sport.

Now what puzzles me, is how is it possible to Povetkin to have taken the drug after January the 1st, actually claims of him taking it in APRIL!?and the trace being only 70 nano?

That's like smoking half quarter of weed last night, and testing a 29 day old trace today.

Now those "offended" about athletes taking performance enhancing substances, I'm sorry to say, but you sound like naive children.

P.S. Where was the outrage when Luis Ortiz got booked taking an actual steroid?
    Last edited by Banderivets; 05-16-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• This dirty ass cheat ruined a perfectly good HW fight. This sucks, cheaters ruin everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        This dirty ass cheat ruined a perfectly good HW fight. This sucks, cheaters ruin everything.
        So do trolling Alts.

Comment

• "buh buh it was only 70 nanograms". More justification of drug use and cheating.

Does Sasha suffer from heart defects to be taking this substance? Why did these Russian athletes take this substance prior to it's ban in January 1st in the first place?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            So do trolling Alts.
            You're right, if you come across one report them to the admins.

But back on topic, Povetkin ruined the best HW fight we've had in a very long time. Cheaters are pathetic and inferior.

Comment

• I've said this in another thread:

But if those three tests Povetkin passed in early April were blood tests, that could make a big difference. It very well could have been the case that the Meldonium detected in that late April test was from previously taken before January, since it apparently stays in your body for possibly 6 months. It's been established that the late April test was a urine test.

I cannot find a 100% certain article that explicitly states what the early April tests were, although some make it sound like they were blood tests.

Unfortunately, blood testing vs urine testing is a whole different ball-game. Blood testing is primarily for things HGH (even though it ****ing fails since HGH can only be detected within 24-48 hours, hence why no athlete has ever? failed a test for HGH) or EPO.

So let's just wait until we get some better details. I feel like Povetkin should at least be given a chance.

Comment

• Man I had Povetkin putting a world of hurt on the Winding milling Bronze Medalist. To know he actually tried to get an extra advantage beyond the rules now makes me turn against him.

I hope the commission do what's right and ban his ass for life or ban him 2 years and when he comes back have VADA do 365 testing on him.

This sheet is unacceptable and puts a black eye on boxing(no pun intended).

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                  I've said this in another thread:

But if those three tests Povetkin passed in early April were blood tests, that could make a big difference. It very well could have been the case that the Meldonium detected in that late April test was from previously taken before January, since it apparently stays in your body for possibly 6 months. It's been established that the late April test was a urine test.

I cannot find a 100% certain article that explicitly states what the early April tests were, although some make it sound like they were blood tests.

Unfortunately, blood testing vs urine testing is a whole different ball-game. Blood testing is primarily for things HGH (even though it ****ing fails since HGH can only be detected within 24-48 hours, hence why no athlete has ever? failed a test for HGH) or EPO.

So let's just wait until we get some better details. I feel like Povetkin should at least be given a chance.
                  Finally some common sense. Pretty much everyone is skimming over the method of testing

There is a reason why Povetkin hasn't been banned yet as they are still carrying out investigations.

But that seems irrelevant to the majority of the BS crowd and resident PED experts, who have already given their guilty verdict

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    Listen, if Povetkin took it after January 1st, then fuck Povetkin, ban his ass for 3 years for not following the rules/law of the sport.

Now what puzzles me, is how is it possible to Povetkin to have taken the drug after January the 1st, actually claims of him taking it in APRIL!?and the trace being only 70 nano?

That's like smoking half quarter of weed last night, and testing a 29 day old trace today.

Now those "offended" about athletes taking performance enhancing substances, I'm sorry to say, but you sound like naive children.

P.S. Where was the outrage when Luis Ortiz got booked taking an actual steroid?
                    Different level and sophistication of test but it serves an illustrative purpose: Had a friend who smoked weed every day. Good guy, managed a warehouse and also drove a delivery truck upon occasion when they were short-handed.

His company got sold, new company walked in one day and says "Everyone is getting drug tested tomorrow. Anyone who drives is fired if they fail, anyone who doesn't drive for us who fails gets a first-strike warning and is fired next time they fail."

They told them, he figures, because they didn't want anyone to fail and have to hire to replace, train someone knew up, etc.

So I guess he went online and read up on it and drank a ton of water that night, then right before he left to go take the test the next morning he drank a whole gallon of vinegar -- which sounds to me like the most sickening thing ever (he confirmed this) but he passed the test.

Point is, things can be flushed. They can be masked. That's a huge part of the entire PED industry is staying ahead of testing with ways to pass tests when dirty. No idea exactly what happened here, but there are ways to get it out of your system and fool tests a lot of the time and maybe even every time.

My guess, since he passed before, is that he didn't flush or mask well enough for the last test, probably was a random, unscheduled surprise test.

Comment

• Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                      "buh buh it was only 70 nanograms". More justification of drug use and cheating.

Does Sasha suffer from heart defects to be taking this substance? Why did these Russian athletes take this substance prior to it's ban in January 1st in the first place?.
                      According to the guy who invented it athletes take it to reduce the ischemic damage to cells. In other words to stop your cells dying when they run out of blood supply during intense exercise.

WADA say its becuase it increases energy levles but theres not alot of evidence of that atm.

Comment

Working...
                      X