No announcement yet.

Why couldn't Canelo KO Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    The only people saying he's a huge power puncher are the people at HBO trying to sell his fights. Anyone who's watched his last few fights knows he's not a huge puncher. It's odd that it took some of you till the Cotto fight to realize that.

He's got more than enough pop though, and that's where power gets overrated imo, you don't necessarily have to ko or drop your opponent to make an impact on the fight. As long as you can make your opponent second guess himself and change their strategy your power is effective.

Look at the Lara fight , he was was visibly bothered after the 4th round when he started tasting those body shots and resorted to literally running at times. Vast difference from the first three round where he was doing a good job of out boxing Alvarez. He completely changed Lara's game plan simply on body shots.

As far as the Cotto fight ask yourself this, why didn't Cotto ever sit down on his punches ? I don't think he landed one solid left hook. The guy that walked through Martinez and a much bigger Geale was on his toes the whole night and decided to box instead of applying the more aggressive style that had been so effective with roach.

In all likelihood he probably loses to GGG when that fight goes down, but it won't be because he couldn't ko Cotto. If he can make GGG respect his power he's a live dog in that fight.
    Crippled Sergio and the drained Australian ?

Canelo has slow feet. He will get a beating from GGG

I can't wait until GGG smiles at Canelos best shot.

Comment

Why couldn't Canelo KO Cotto?

Because he didn't weight drain Cotto and wasn't roided up like Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Gennady is going to pressure him with power he hasn't tasted. GGG is going to beat Canelo. Bad.
        I dont disagree at this point, I dont want to see it because Mexican and Mexican Americans are putting so much stock into Canelo but theres a reason he isnt fighting him. Funny thing is I think Canelo would benefit by going up to 160, maybe itd help his stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I dont disagree at this point, I dont want to see it because Mexican and Mexican Americans are putting so much stock into Canelo but theres a reason he isnt fighting him. Funny thing is I think Canelo would benefit by going up to 160, maybe itd help his stamina.
          Power doe. Canelo's fast hands, slow feet and decent defense will mean nothing cuz GGG got dat power doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Glad you call it how you see it. Gennady is 100% wrong for Canelo

Comment

Maybe he isn't that good? I mean if you can't stop a guy when you have a 10 year age and 20 lb weight advantage over them that's concerning. Especially since Cotto isn't exactly a spring chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                Power doe. Canelo's fast hands, slow feet and decent defense will mean nothing cuz GGG got dat power doe.
                It's going to be a beat down

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  It's going to be a beat down
                  Well, tis was fun Beer. I'm off to lurk and cook me a burger. Enjoy your thread.

Power, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    Maybe he isn't that good? I mean if you can't stop a guy when you have a 10 year age and 20 lb weight advantage over them that's concerning. Especially since Cotto isn't exactly a spring chicken.
                    But his fans defend it.

Pac and Marg stopped him. Floyd was close

But string young Canelo couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                      Well, tis was fun Beer. I'm off to lurk and cook me a burger. Enjoy your thread.

Power, doe.
                      You know it will happen. Gennady is going to woop that arse

Comment

Working...
                      X