No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Fury Canvas Controversy Surfaces On Fight Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I'm wondering why Klitschko has been training on foam.

Maybe something with his knees or the calf.
    I doubt it. I've heard of promoters doing this to slow down the boxer with footwork. Supposedly Angulo vs Lara, the ring was a sponge.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Well who knows how long he has been pulling this trick for?

Most of his opponents have turned up to get paid, hopefully survive and they do everything the Klitschko camp says.

Fury and his team are not like the rest so they exposed it.

It could have been going on for quite a while, we would never know.

Maybe Klitschko wanted a bit of padded ring but not THAT padded, hence their being little fuss about removing it that we know of. He doesn't build it himself.
      I would sincerely hope that the German commission are looking at all rings before fighters fight on them. Same in America and everywhere else.

That foamy ring was just ridiculous.

Comment

• klitschko's a fraud. always has been

Comment

• I am glad canvas is removed, so no excuses after the fight. It would be awful if this issue was made only after fight.

So no harm done. Who likes conspiracy theories, well you are free to talk and conjecture whatever you want.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Klitschko should have stood his ground.
              I agree if this was how Klitschko wanted the ring. Klitschko is the champ he can choose any type of ring as long as it's within approved limits.

Comment

• looking at the pulev highlights, the canvas looks pretty spongy there too, yet wlad actually fought on his toes a bit in that fight

Comment

• How long have the Klitschko camp been pulling this stunt! That ring is terrible. I hope Tyson knocks this boring c*nt out!

Comment

• This is funny! well who cares... fight is on and that's all I am interested in.
                    this thread will probably have 40 pages by 10PM...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      Once again, how exactly does that benefit Klitschko?

This isn't a situation where one guy is taking PED's or loading his gloves where HE gets the advantage over the other. Both guys would be using the ring.

No one has provided a good reason for why this would benefit Klitshcko.
                      This has already been answered. It slows Fury down.

Wlad's footwork is energy saving, his stance is wide and his feet are planted, plus he has the advantage of training on this surface in the lead up to the fight.

Fury's footwork requires quick changes of momentum, lots of bouncing and skipping and so on. That surface would have sapped his energy fast and possibly lead to him sustaining an injury.

Different rings affect people in different ways depending on their style. That's obvious.

Comment

Working...
                      X