No announcement yet.

Two question thread: PPV showings in FL and online betting sites

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    There are a lot of Quebecers in Florida and Lemieux is from Montreal. Find a bar that caters to Quebec tourists and you will find a bar with the fight on.

And I think it is pretty sad to have to pay a cover charge to watch a fight in a bar in the US. Talk about nickel and diming customers to death. Sports bars in Montreal cover everything from rugby and soccer to F1 and baseball and hockey and football and ... well you name it, there will be a screen showing it in a Montreal sports bar.
    In the US, most sports bars don't even show a variety of sports. Only the huge ones (basketball, football, baseball). In New York City, it was difficult to find sports bars carrying Mayweather and Pacquiao fights. Only a few did. Same with LA.

I remember one former pro player setup a big movie projector screen of a PPV Pacquiao fight on the beach in LA. Lots of people came to sit on the sand and watch for free. But there was a bar a block away charging $20 per head to watch the same fight. So guess what they did? They called the COPS! But fortunately, the cops didn't care and watched with everyone there.

He'll have to go really out of his way to find a bar that not only caters to Quebec people, but carries the fight too. It's not a journey I'd recommend. Montreal bars are very cool for doing all of that though! Waaaaaay different than the US. I can't even imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      In the US, most sports bars don't even show a variety of sports. Only the huge ones (basketball, football, baseball). In New York City, it was difficult to find sports bars carrying Mayweather and Pacquiao fights. Only a few did. Same with LA.

I remember one former pro player setup a big movie projector screen of a PPV Pacquiao fight on the beach in LA. Lots of people came to sit on the sand and watch for free. But there was a bar a block away charging $20 per head to watch the same fight. So guess what they did? They called the COPS! But fortunately, the cops didn't care and watched with everyone there.

He'll have to go really out of his way to find a bar that not only caters to Quebec people, but carries the fight too. It's not a journey I'd recommend. Montreal bars are very cool for doing all of that though! Waaaaaay different than the US. I can't even imagine.
      That really surprised me, honestly. Considering how sports crazy Americans tend to be, I expected quality sports bars everywhere. Here in Montreal even strip clubs have a number of screens showing PPV events and always hockey games throughout the season. I think Toronto is the same.

We have many sports bars with huge numbers of screens and there is never a cover charge. If any bar did try to put a cover, there are so many places that are free that doing so would ensure an empty bar that night.

Comment

Buffalo Wild Wings is my best bet but I won't be surprised if they didn't show it

Comment

5dimes IMO.
          Always had more options/variety when it came to fights compared to other sites

Comment

Working...
          X