No announcement yet.

The Better Resume! Money Or Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky_Balboa89 View Post
    I know this kind of thread has been done repeatedly in the past.. i just wanted to have some opinions as of right NOW thats all...

i understand the fact that pac has always challenged himself and had some great fights against big names and dominated them, but then again, hasn't floyd also done the same and kept his ''0'' whilst doin it?
    Pac's beaten greater fighters than Floyd has, it's that simple
    nobody cares about that "unbeaten" crap outside of NSB
    some of the best fighters ever have losses, it don't diminish them
    that "Floyd's great due to his '0' and box office" shit is laughable

Comment

Jack Napier beat me to it lol..

thanks for the reply man!
      Last edited by Rocky_Balboa89; 03-21-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Manny gets credit for his names under 130. Once we get north of that its floyd. A lot of the names on manny's resume are glossy but when he beat them matters.

Take erik morales-when manny lost to him erik was 48-2 and had only lost to barrera. when manny beat him-he had lost the previous fight to zahir raheem and then went on to be 2-7. 2 losses to manny and years later 2 losses to danny garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Manny gets credit for his names under 130. Once we get north of that its floyd. A lot of the names on manny's resume are glossy but when he beat them matters.

Take erik morales-when manny lost to him erik was 48-2 and had only lost to barrera. when manny beat him-he had lost the previous fight to zahir raheem and then went on to be 2-7. 2 losses to manny and years later 2 losses to danny garcia.
          I think it's the same with Floyd honestly. All his good wins came early like Corrales,Castillo,Hernandez etc...
          Later on he minus Canelo who could end up being a great star he fought a bunch of guys past their best(Mosely,Oscar,Cotto)
          Both resumes are comparable though.

Comment

In all liklihood Mayweather is going to be a higher rated ATG when both guys have long since retired. Especially if Mayweather decides to go 50-0 and keeps beating top 3-5 guys at 147 or 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_Balboa89 View Post
              I know this kind of thread has been done repeatedly in the past.. i just wanted to have some opinions as of right NOW thats all...

i understand the fact that pac has always challenged himself and had some great fights against big names and dominated them, but then again, hasn't floyd also done the same and kept his ''0'' whilst doin it?
              no, no he has not

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You have to keep in mind in PAC-Morales 1...PAC got a cut around the eye from accidental heads clashing. He essentially couldn't see fully the rest of the fight.

As for his 2-7 record... Perhaps, it could be said Morales was never the same after Morales-Pac 1. That fight was a war.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  done to death, Pac's resume blows Floyd's outta the fucking water
                  Jack always brings that ether.

Comment

Mayweather above 147, pacman below.

But I'd give an edge to mayweather because he was never stretched.
                    Last edited by MBE; 03-21-2014, 05:18 PM.

Comment

5 years ago i would side with Manny..but since then Floyd has came on strong and imo has a better resume now

Comment

Working...
                      X