Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Price and Fury be ready for a Klitschko/World Title fight in 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
    Wlad is still better than all these guys around now, but he could get knocked out by Price.
    You're having a laugh, right?

Comment

Both fighters are too green to face either Klitschko. However, 3-4 fights down the line, with top quality opposition, both could be ready to take the crowns by 2014.

I'd love to see Fury in there with the likes of Arreola and Helenius in 2013, big fights, big money and we'll see how Fury does against high calibre opposition. Price doesn't have the resume that Fury does and his last 2 fights have been against old men but he is technically superior and hits harder, if the people in his camp want him to progress, they gotta get him in there with the likes of Povetkin, Adamek and/or Pulev.

There are some great style match ups in the HW division, which could really ignite the sport but the top 10 guys just aren't fighting each other. Not only would it add to the sports popularity but it would allow each one of these men to gain invaluable experience and become tougher, better opponents for the champions.

I think Arreola is a prime example of a wasted hw. Since losing to Vitali, the only credible name he has fought is Adamek, other than that he has a string of nobodies, has-beens, never-beens and fringe contenders on his resume. The same goes for the likes of Solis, Helenius and Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I've heard Price has a weak chin, any truth to that???
        He's been knocked down with his headgear on a few times, not a good sign.

Price reminds me of Audley, the chin issue was always there.

Comment

Wasn't Price hurt by Skelton?

Either way, he was stopped with headgear on, including his Olympic Bronze bout and I heard he's been dropped a fair few times.

I still think he beats Fury early TBH but Fury has improved.

Wladimir beats both, maybe has a scare with Price because their's no denying it, the lad has a crunching power punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
            Both fighters are too green to face either Klitschko. However, 3-4 fights down the line, with top quality opposition, both could be ready to take the crowns by 2014.

I'd love to see Fury in there with the likes of Arreola and Helenius in 2013, big fights, big money and we'll see how Fury does against high calibre opposition. Price doesn't have the resume that Fury does and his last 2 fights have been against old men but he is technically superior and hits harder, if the people in his camp want him to progress, they gotta get him in there with the likes of Povetkin, Adamek and/or Pulev.

There are some great style match ups in the HW division, which could really ignite the sport but the top 10 guys just aren't fighting each other. Not only would it add to the sports popularity but it would allow each one of these men to gain invaluable experience and become tougher, better opponents for the champions.

I think Arreola is a prime example of a wasted hw. Since losing to Vitali, the only credible name he has fought is Adamek, other than that he has a string of nobodies, has-beens, never-beens and fringe contenders on his resume. The same goes for the likes of Solis, Helenius and Povetkin.
            Arreola is on his way back, he's not wasted. Solis is going nowhere it seems. Helenius is on a comeback since injury, don't count him out, he's a contender. Povetkin's next fight is Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              I think either would have a very good chance of beating the current faded version of Vitali.

But neither will be ready for Wlad in 2013.

Fury will NEVER be ready.

However, people like you will tell us how great he is so when the Klits decapitate him, you can cry an ATG scalp.

Fury is an absolute disgrace of a fighter in a totally shambolic era.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                You're having a laugh, right?
                No he's not.

I expect Wlad to deal with Price comfortably but with his suspect beard and Price having a Marquez moment, it could (as Ross said) happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                  No he's not.

I expect Wlad to deal with Price comfortably but with his suspect beard and Price having a Marquez moment, it could (as Ross said) happen.
                  Well anything can happen then. Doesn't Price have a suspect chin, btw? When was Wlad last knocked out?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post

Fury will NEVER be ready.

However, people like you will tell us how great he is so when the Klits decapitate him, you can cry an ATG scalp.

Fury is an absolute disgrace of a fighter in a totally shambolic era.
                    What's up with your immense hatred of Vitali?
                    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 12-28-2012, 01:24 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Can David Price get 20 fights before we start throwing him to the Klitschkos? 20 fights thats all I ask.

Wlad at least had 40 fights before he fought Sanders, give Price some breathing room..

Comment

Working...
                      X