No announcement yet.

What were Andrew Golota's best wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were Andrew Golota's best wins?

Did Andrew Golota ever have a single win over a top 25 heavyweight in his entire career?

I can't think of any.

He's best known for having some good rounds with Riddick Bowe, but then twice LOSING by DQ. He also had some good rounds against Michael Grant, but then lost by KO. Grant was later KOed by Jameel McCline and Dominick Guinn.

What was Golota's best win?

Did Chris Byrd, Alexander Povetkin, Sam Peter, David Haye, Sultan Ibragimov and Ruslan Chagaev have better careers than Andrew Golota? They all won heavyweight titles.

Did Jameel McCline, who beat Grant by KO 1?

Did Dominick Guinn (never knocked out, KOed Michael Grant) have a better career than Andrew Golota? Did Danny Williams, who at least beat the shot version of Mike Tyson that Golota lost to by KO 2, before Tyson tested positive for marijuana?
    Last edited by The Hammer; 01-11-2014, 05:14 PM.

He beat Ruiz in my book..

Comment

Here's his record:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4345&cat=boxer

Andrew Golota is still ranked among the currently active heavyweights by BoxRec, having fought last year.

Comment

Bowe's best win probably was Danell Nicholson, who he fought before the two losses to Bowe and the loss to Lewis.

Comment

Golota had potential, but he was/is mentally challenged, as seen in the Bowe fights.

I can't really think of any great wins he had, though. He's known for being KO'd by Lewis, going mental vs Bowe, and running away from the ring vs Tyson, basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Golota had potential, but he was/is mentally challenged, as seen in the Bowe fights.

I can't really think of any great wins he had, though. He's known for being KO'd by Lewis, going mental vs Bowe, and running away from the ring vs Tyson, basically.
            This ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Byrd and Ruiz. He was robbed in both fights.

Comment

Too much of a daft cunt.

Comment

He was good, but he was mentally weak.

Comment

Working...
                  X