No announcement yet.

Fights that were closer than we may remember

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights that were closer than we may remember

This thread is for fights that were closer then a lot of people seem to remember. We all know the close fights that people argue about like Maywether/JLC I, Pac/JMM I AND II, Williams/Martinez I, Bhop/Calzaghe. What about the close fights that went under the radar? I will list some of mine and anyone who has any just add on and explain why.

Here are some of mine;

Clottey vs Margarito: despite the whole hand injury thing this was a very close fight. I recall scoring the first four or so rounds from clottey then most of the middle rounds for Margarito. I am fairly sure I found a round or two to give Clottey down the stretch when he starting throwing punches again. In the end Clottey may have one 5 rounds making it pretty razor thin despite the scorecards and injury.

Bhop vs Winky: I know I know. Before anyone complains about this fight not being close or being boring, please go back and watch it. Because Winky was cut and seemed to be exhausted it gave the perception that it wasn't a close fight. I recall watching this fight at a local hooters and having no clue what the judges were going to do. It wasn't just me either because the whole place got quiet with anticipation and uncertainty before the scorecards were read.

Haye vs Valuev: All I could think while watching this fight is that Haye needed to do something big to win this fight in Germany. He had the ring generalship but that could also be perceived as Valuev being the aggressor.Till he hurt the big man in the last round I was very uncertain of the outcome.

I will add some more later. Fell free to add on:
Working...
X