No announcement yet.

Maidana Beat up Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana Beat up Khan

The most hurt besides that punch in the first round to the liver was his own exhaustion. Khan took a much worse beating than he did and Khan must of had allah helping him or something because he was hanging on by a thread for a long time.

But I'll give his chin more credit.

Boxing is scored round by round

Khan clearly won more round

I dont care if Maidana landed 1000 punches in 2 rounds

Khan still won more rounds, survived and won the fight

Comment

Joe Cortez won the fight for Khan

Comment

Up to about halfway through the 6th round Khan was bossing the ring. He was boxing and sticking to the gameplan and he looked to have it down pat. I think he began to feel comfortable and it came to him that he could push this really far and show his jaw was not made of glass.

He made a decision he wanted to show he could take punches because the simplictiy of Maidana's style bored him, he dropped his hands from about halfway through the 6th until the tenth.

By the time he'd reached the tenth he was at the end of his tether and he started boxing again. He lasted longer than Ortiz could but he looked close to curtains. It was in the last three rounds he started boxing for points again and he wrapped those up quite well but the beating he took certainly made him more vuilnerable to Maidana's power.

In a rematch Khan will box the whole fight as he has nothing left to prove regarding his chin. I don't doubt there will be a rematch in the UK after this.

Comment

from what i remember, khan's right leg did that funny twitch it does when he's about to get dropped. khan's chin may still be suspect but it's definitely improved. maidana just couldn't follow thru because of the exhaustion. that early body shot cost him the fight, imo. one solid body shot during that 10th round beatdown when amir was on the ropes could've sealed the deal. chino just kept throwing to the head!

Comment

, Amir won you troll.

Comment

haterz always fallin back on the "Cortez excuse" like they did in Mayweather-Hatton

LOL give it up hataz

Comment

Originally posted by Al Cheney View Post
                Joe Cortez won the fight for Khan
                Cortez didn't punch anybody but he stopped rabbit punches, roughhousing and elbows.

Thats what refs do.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Canadian View Post
                  haterz always fallin back on the "Cortez excuse" like they did in Mayweather-Hatton

LOL give it up hataz
                  exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post

, Amir won you troll.
                    I have been a poster on this website before you have ever heard of it. I just now made a new account because I was banned awhile ago.

Having more posts does not give you more credibility.

Most of the kids who post on this website like you don't know what you are talking about and never will. You know about as much about boxing as your average blonde bimbo.

Comment

Working...
                    X