No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion on Wlad when he...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your opinion on Wlad when he...

Just sticks his left arm out not to jab, but to keep it extended and blind the opponent, or push them back from getting on the inside. He did this in the fight with Chagaev and wanted to hear some of your thoughts on that tactic.

Lennox Lewis used to do that a lot. Wlad began to do it after Manny started training him.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
      Lennox Lewis used to do that a lot. Wlad began to do it after Manny started training him.
      What do you think of the tactic? Is it smart and crafty or cheap, cheating, illegal?

Comment

Eubank once said that if you can touch your opponents head you could also hit him with a sharp jab, so all touching, reaching, pawwing, etc., is pointless.

Comment

He does it to keep his opponents in range. Nearly all boxers who are tall and have long arm reach does this.

Comment

he aint like VINNIE PAZIENZA thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
              What do you think of the tactic? Is it smart and crafty or cheap, cheating, illegal?
              No, it's okay I think.

I think when Lennox used to take it a step farther and rub his gloves in his opponents cuts by pressing and turning his wrist, that was a dirty tactic.

Comment

I believe it's only illegal if your sticking an open glove in someones face. Closed fist is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                  I think when Lennox used to take it a step farther and rub his gloves in his opponents cuts by pressing and turning his wrist, that was a dirty tactic.
                  I see what you did there.

Comment

Emanuel Steward trains his fighters to fight like that, Hearns used to do the same trick. It's not cheating!

Comment

Working...
                    X