No announcement yet.

Thinking about trying aromatherapy to promote better sleep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about trying aromatherapy to promote better sleep

I have trouble falling and staying asleep.

I tried reading from my Kindle before bed but it didn't really make my sleepy.

I read about aromatherapy and how it can help promote better sleep. Apparently, it's also beneficial to use while sick, depending on what oils you use.

Best Sellers in Aromatherapy Diffusers

There are many to choose from but I don't want to buy one if they don't even work.

Do you have any other suggestions for better sleep? Preferably natural remedies?

Do you get a lot of exposure to sunlight during the day? If you spend your day in a dimly lit environment maybe look into getting a lightbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Do you get a lot of exposure to sunlight during the day? If you spend your day in a dimly lit environment maybe look into getting a lightbox.
      Typically, yes.

But for the past few weeks, I've been filling in for the graveyard shift at work. Now my body is adjusted to going to sleep at 8 am and waking up around 4 pm. But I can't seem to shake it now that I'm not longer doing graveyard.

For instance, if I went to bed right now at 2 am I probably wouldn't actually fall asleep until closer to 6 or 7 am. I stay in bed tossing and turning.

I think I'm just going to try to aromatherapy diffuser and buy a bottle of melatonin or magnesium.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
        Typically, yes.

But for the past few weeks, I've been filling in for the graveyard shift at work. Now my body is adjusted to going to sleep at 8 am and waking up around 4 pm. But I can't seem to shake it now that I'm not longer doing graveyard.

For instance, if I went to bed right now at 2 am I probably wouldn't actually fall asleep until closer to 6 or 7 am. I stay in bed tossing and turning.

I think I'm just going to try to aromatherapy diffuser and buy a bottle of melatonin or magnesium.
        You should stay up all the way through til like 10pm.

Do you drink alcohol?.

Comment

Shifts **** up your sleep, there is no way around it really.

I work shifts every winter for 6 months (2x 6am-6pm, then 2x 6pm-6am, 4 days off).

Best way to adjust to going back on days in my experience is to force yourself to wake up early, make sure you stay awake until bedtime (ensuring you are tired as hell) and just try to relax into your sleep.

You have to stay disciplined though. If you are finding it difficult to get to sleep, dont start going on your phone or laptop. Electronic screens will continuously reset your brains sleeping pattern, forcing it to stay awake (due to the type of light they produce). Actually you are best to avoid screens for a good few hours before you want to go sleep. After a few days/weeks of forcing yourself to go to bed at the correct time it should sort itself out. Can take months to get back to proper normality though.

Feel for you though.

Ill be starting shifts again in just over a month. Hopefully my last year of doing it

Comment

smoke weed hours before you need to go to bed. guarantee you'll be more tired if you let yourself get a little burnt out.

i've also found that there are ways to make your "eyes tired."

scrolling through netflix does it for me every time. something about moving your eyes left and right.

i used to sleep 2-4 hours a night, and spend tons of time awake in bed. i've learned to embrace when i am tired, and sleep when i can. last night i went to bed at 8:00ish and woke back up a couple of hours later and watched some movies. still felt fine this morning.

Comment

Weed! Then clear your mind. Write down **** that needs to get done and stop thinking about it.

Comment

I was having trouble sleeping & tired of taking an assortment of pills or other methods that only seem to work for awhile so tried out various things. One of my go to's now is a lavender face mask. Heard lavender helped with sleep, but seemed silly to me at the time that a smell could help me sleep better. It definitely has doe.

Comment

Doing push-ups works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
                    Typically, yes.

Stay up for 24 hours to fix it. Buy some modafinil to help you get through the tiredness.

Comment

Working...
                    X