Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Donaire won't fight Rigo cause Rigo isn't a draw - here are Donaire's numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high risk low reward

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
      high risk low reward
      reward = giving your fans what they want or you risk losing them.

Comment

And here people go again comparing a guy with 10 fights to Donaire's 30. I think the point TS is trying to make is that Donaire, after 30 fights, isn't a big draw and neither, especially, is Mathebula.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
          Rigo makes up for quality of opposition with quantity of opposition he has over 300 amatuer victories I think, i don't know the exact record. He's been boxing for almost 2 and a half decades now and that's all he does. When you live in a communist country, you do whatever it is you do 24/7. Your profession is your life.

And the TS makes a good point. Donaire isn't that much of a draw himself, but this fight would make them even bigger draws than they already are.

Donaire is losing fans because it looks like he's ducking rigo. That's bad business sense already.
          thats the ams tho..who cares? im not sayin nonito is a draw but riog has 10 fights , and agints no namers, bums ..nonito atleast has fought named fighters and still not that much of a draw...but rigo who has'nt done ****, not a crwod pleaser is as big as nonito? cmon now

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            thats the ams tho..who cares? im not sayin nonito is a draw but riog has 10 fights , and agints no namers, bums ..nonito atleast has fought named fighters and still not that much of a draw...but rigo who has'nt done ****, not a crwod pleaser is as big as nonito? cmon now
            you're missing the point COMPLETELY

Comment

Nonito been boo'ed his last 3-4 fights in a row. I remember Rigo being boo'ed vs Cordoba but that's it? I could be wrong.

Comment

Because it's the best fight that can be made and would settle who the best JR Featherweight is.

Period. If Donaire beat Rigo, Nobody could hate on him, nobody could call him overrated, Nobody could say that he's NOT the best Jr featherweight in the world.

That sells tickets. Because when you hear the best Jr featherweight in the world is fighting, then you know you it's something to watch.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-22-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  And here people go again comparing a guy with 10 fights to Donaire's 30. I think the point TS is trying to make is that Donaire, after 30 fights, isn't a big draw and neither, especially, is Mathebula.
                  noone is sayin nonito is a draw but to claim rigo can draw as much as him with only ten fights and all of em no namers? cmon now

Comment

Yeah, Nonito pretty much squandered whatever momentum he had after Montiel.... and now it's almost like they are trying to recapture that again with this Arce fight.

I'm not mad at that fight because he needs the confidence boost... but damn, it's time to start making classic champ vs champ fights!!

Comment

noone is sayin nonito is a draw but to claim rigo can draw as much as him with only ten fights and all of em no namers? cmon now
                      Find me a quote in this thread saying Rigo would draw as much as Donaire.

Do people on these forums not know how to read or choose not to comprehend?

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      but damn, it's time to start making classic champ vs champ fights!!
                      He did, he fought Mathebula. Champ vs Champ right there.

Comment

Working...
                      X