Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather claims he can "pay off" Marquez. How, when he's in DEBT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luis12 View Post
    it wasn't 20mill

btw holyfield is broke and he earn more than 450mill on his career.
    M.J was also in financial troubles after selling more 750mill of copies
    I am on a wrestling forum and people there checked WWE's financial statements and compared them year on year and the 20 million where no where to be found.
    Last edited by bobo_bobo; 07-16-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I doubt he's in debt, considering he turned down the option to join the Fight Night Round 4 rooster.. .(?)

+ he's made so much money, he can't possibly go broke !

Comment

Originally posted by veteran420 View Post
        having a debt to the IRS or whoever else doesnt mean you're broke.... it just means you're not willing or able to pay it off at the time....

surely he can come up with the funds to pay him off, just like he can surely come up with the funds to pay off his debts....

the ****er just doesnt want to and wont let go of the little cash he still has!
        Actually, that's exactly what that means. People just DON'T want to pay the govt. One person you better be on time with is Uncle Sam, because he doesn't play.

Mayweather didn't get paid anywhere near 20mil for the WWE thing, not even in the same universe of money.

Mayweather is typical of a stupid young kid who thought he ran the world. He mis-managed his money and now is litteraly paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Airforce1234 View Post
          ur telling me floyd mayweather someone who got paid 20 million dollars for a lil appeareance on wwe, 50 mil or more in ppv cash, millions and millions in commercirals and sponsors is broke? GTFO HERE DAN RAFAEL U FAT PIG WHO KNOWS **** ABOUT BOXING. GO STUFF UR FACE IN CREAM PUFFS U FAT PIG. I believe mayweather will be in debt some day but it sure as hell wont be in this decade. Im sure when hes old if he keeps living this lifestyle he will be facing serious debt trouble but anyone who thinks hes broke after retiring for a year is a ****ing JACKASS.
          lol that 20mil was part of the story line, you think the WWE would actually give him 20mil for a show?

Comment

I don't believe he's broke or anywhere close to it. He "claims" he has 3 mansions that are paid off and all his cars are paid off. WHo knows if that is true but I think he just bought an $18million house and even if he bought it on credit he still would have needed a big down payment. He bought a $400k Lamborghini right before he announced the Marquez fight. He's not broke but I do feel all the money he threw away has hurt him. His entourage looks smaller to me. The thing that people don't think about is all the fees that fighters pay that's a part of their purse. I mean say Floyd made $20mil for a fight. How much of that will he actually see? I mean your trainer usually gets at least 10% plus the rest of your corner. Then many fighters pay some of that money to the promotional company. Then you have your other training expenses, traveling expenses, sanctioning fees, etc. That's not even including Uncle Sam so how much is left out of a fighters purse? He might be running out of money but he's still a millionare.

Comment

Floyd is losing this fight and everyone knows it.
              Pay up biatch!

Comment

If u look at public records u would be shocked at how many celebs owe taxes and whatnot. I wouldnt use stuff like this to jump to conclusions. Furthermore its kind of irrelevant.

Comment

Simple math.

Pay JMM off. Get yourself in debt a bit longer. Fight Pacman, get a record pay day and pay of your debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Madlib View Post
                    From Dan Rafael himself over at ESPN.com... Ouch.
                    irs debt=6 mil.
                    back tax in nj=194k
                    homeowners=9,400k
                    contractor=3,900k
                    the trash=$320
                    floyd mayweather calling himself "money" =priceless!

Comment

i hope JMM knocks his head off,

he isnt even thinking on marquez,

he see's it as an easy win,

i think the stage might be set for an upset.

Comment

Working...
                      X