Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon is a GENIUS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're both right and wrong about him being a genius.

They're right in the sense that there's no genius in cynical matchmaking. Any moron can see the advantages that offers and it's as old as the sport itself.

They're wrong in the sense that Haymon is simply in the seat of power and did nothing to get there. You don't have an industry sown up like he has without some exceptional relationship management skills. The contacts he has don't create themselves.

Comment

We will see

Comment

Undergard and MBA from Harvard so dude is clearly very smart.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-02-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
          Haymon isn't a genius.

His net worth isn't even a tenth of Mayweather's
          Haymon, i'm sure doesn't buy stupidly expensive cars, lots of jewelry for him self and women, has 100 leeches surrounding him, and spends money on different women and partying. Chances are Money and Manny will both have just a small fraction of what they have now, 10 years from now. They are essentially the same person, one's dirt is not brought up in the media. The other one can't keep his dirt away from the media. One is smart in getting the money he deserves (Based on his drawing power) but wastes it on a "lavish life", the other one trusts the thieves around him too much, and doesn't get 100% of what he should be getting. Regardless, Haymon and Arum, both Harvard grads, will be way better off than their clients 10 years from now. Well Arum, if he even lives that long. But surely who ever inherits Arum;s wealth will be better off than Pacquiao.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
              Now since PacBoy started this video. I found one more regarding Al Haymon being a genius your thoughts....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gnZK7bKudY
              I'd say he's the Bernie Madoff of the boxing world

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Haymon, i'm sure doesn't buy stupidly expensive cars, lots of jewelry for him self and women, has 100 leeches surrounding him, and spends money on different women and partying. Chances are Money and Manny will both have just a small fraction of what they have now, 10 years from now. They are essentially the same person, one's dirt is not brought up in the media. The other one can't keep his dirt away from the media. One is smart in getting the money he deserves (Based on his drawing power) but wastes it on a "lavish life", the other one trusts the thieves around him too much, and doesn't get 100% of what he should be getting. Regardless, Haymon and Arum, both Harvard grads, will be way better off than their clients 10 years from now. Well Arum, if he even lives that long. But surely who ever inherits Arum;s wealth will be better off than Pacquiao.
                We see your point a Harvard Grads way of thinking and a ghetto Grads way of thinking basically 140 IQ vs 65 I Q

Comment

He is , Gets all his fighters tv time, title shots, and good money + something those guys don't have to fighter other top fighters

Comment

A combined 100 yrs or boxing experience/promotions between Don King and Arum, none of them guys matches Haymon. Genius indeed

Comment

Working...
                    X