Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing isn't mainstream and it's on purpose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the benefit of boxing not being in the mainstream is that we don't have to hear even more jack@sses talk about boxing when they have no idea what they are talking about.

When I went to the barbershop some guys theory of why Mayweather/Pacquiao never happened is because they have the same fight style. Didn't even bother to try to argue with someone that knows nothing

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
      the benefit of boxing not being in the mainstream is that we don't have to hear even more jack@sses talk about boxing when they have no idea what they are talking about.

When I went to the barbershop some guys theory of why Mayweather/Pacquiao never happened is because they have the same fight style. Didn't even bother to try to argue with someone that knows nothing
      but that's a direct result of boxing no longer being mainstream.

If you watch some of these old time ESPN/NBC/ABC sports shows during the 60's-90's .. most of the hosts even know the 2nd tier fighters.

Even during the 90's (the start of Boxing's decline)... guys like Riddick Bowe was gathering more attention than movie stars and he wasn't even the biggest star of that era. Tony Tucker was actually in numerous ads and considered a 'popular athlete'.

During the 80's... a third of the TV Audience used to watch Larry Holmes and Holmes was considered one of the most boring HW champions of all times............

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        it's true tho...think about it...almost everyone was upset and ashamed of the sport just last Saturday because of the Chavez bull****...some casuals probably said to themselves 'man **** this shady ass sport, im never watching again'

then here's the rest of us who, just as disgusted a week ago, going 'oh cool, boxing is on this Saturday'

we brush it off and wait for more crap lol
        I think your right Mak, it sucks that we knew before hand Vera wouldn't get a fair shake on the cards but still looking forward to watching Wlad beat up some fat Russian Saturday.

I tried to get my co workers into boxing but they rather watch guys stand around doing nothing for 4 hours on a baseball field than fighters scramble one another's brains, doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Working...
        X