No announcement yet.

Michael Buffer fell off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Buffer fell off!

Did anyone notice how in recent years Buffer hasn't been the announcer he used to be years ago? During the Chavez/Martinez bout he pronounced "La legenda continua.." with the worst accent ever and it didn't even make sense. Honestly it made me cringe a little bit. I remember he used to nail almost all of the spanish pronunciation very well. I think Jimmy Lennon JR has been more consistent than Buffer and still makes an honest effort when announcing fighters names and origins. Thoughts anyone?

Man after Listening to Nick Cannon last week it was a breath of fresh air

Comment

lost all respect when he pronounced nonito's surname as 'donyeer' instead of 'donayreh'

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X.
        Man after Listening to Nick Cannon last week it was a breath of fresh air
        Lmao! True! Nick was going so slow too. It was almost as he was announcing on AGT.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by npad69
          lost all respect when he pronounced nonito's surname as 'donyeer' instead of 'donayreh'
          yea I used to say it the same way until I heard nonito pronounce it on the Spanish sports show on ESPN. Now I say Don-ai-reh

Comment

Seems a little burned out. He's also been doing a lot more gigs overseas then in America, seems the promoters will rather pay a smaller fee then book the most expensive guy in the sport.

Comment

"lets get ready to rumble"

End of story.

Comment

1. Yeah, Nick Cannon was horrible. Doesn't have the voice or lungs, nor any originality. He came, he tried, he sucked.

2. And yes, Buffer has aged a bit and I think his maturity has dulled down his delivery and effect. Still the man, but I agree, Jimmy "The Gent" Lennon Jr. is right on his ass these days.

If May/Pac ever gets made, you have to go with Buffer though...imo.

Comment

You are aware that he's overcoming throat cancer right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd
                    You are aware that he's overcoming throat cancer right?
                    No excuses! Just playing lol damn that sucks I guess I can give him a pass on that then. Now I feel horrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X