No announcement yet.

False Indignation of Al Bernstein and Rest of Showtime Crew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Indignation of Al Bernstein and Rest of Showtime Crew

I will be the first to say that the ref missed that call in the 11th rd. It was a low blow, not a knockdown, but just because this one shot was low it does not mean all of the other shots were low. However if you look closely most of the so-called low blows were definitley on the belt line. Al Berstein, which has always been a terrible boxing commentator, was totally out of line and just plain ignorant of the rules. For example his righteous indignation of as he called it an obvious low low, but when showed on replay it was obviously on the belt, and Berstein knew it as he hesitated and backed off his comments made prior to the replay. Second, if the Showtime crew actually knew what they are talking about, when the ref constantly pointed out to Agbeko that his pulling of Mares head down was causing the body shots to stray low and the ref was correct in pointing that out to Agbeko. And the stupidity of Bernstein, Tarver, and the rest of the showtime crew incorrectly stated that the ref was only warning Agbeko against pulling Mares head down and not warning Mares when in reality the ref was explaining why the blows were straying low and why he was not taking points away. If you look back at the so-called low blows that Showtime kept complaining about most were on the belt line, which is legal, others were caused by Agbeko pulling Mares head down while he was attempting body punches this causing the the punches to stray low also these shots that did go low for whatever reason were not extreme fouls, they were not all in the cup, but most around the belt line.

The Showtime boxing crew, which I always have thought to be just about wrong on everything. This is the same crew who was announcing how great Mayorga was doing against Cotto. They constantly proclaimed how good he was doing when he lost just about every rd. before he quit. There excuse was Mayorga's glove was hit by Cotto's glove which caused a severe injury which made Mayorga have to quit the fight. How ridiculous is that. Not to mention Al Bernstein's constant ass kissing of Tarver.

Showtime needs to re-read the rules. Punches on the belt are legal! when a fighter is throwing a body shot and the other fighter is pulling his head down at the same time a point should not be deducted! I for one do not want a fight being decided by the ref and this ref tried to let the fighters decide it for themselves. If the Showtime crew had it their way a disqualification would of happened before the 5th rd. and who would of been satisfied with that. I doubt the people who paid to see the fight would of been very happy.

What fight were you watching kid?

Comment

I stopped counting low blows after the 3rd round.

Not all low blows were intentional . some were caused by agbeko himself since he likes to pull his opponents head down when he misses his punches. But then again, those low blows were gamechanger had been the ref did his job correctly. Either that or he shoulda wore reading glasses while refereeing this fight.

Comment

You're blind and an idiot

Comment

i counted a lot...............................it was a farce win............

Comment

i heard trolls like to eat low blows

Comment

Tell me what's the difference between what you saw tonight and this:

Comment

I agree in part with you. But a rematch is needed to make clear this victory. The result will be the same. Punchcast dont lie.

Comment

Wrong..............

Comment

The guys were going for Agbeko before the fight started and Tarver talking about Mares like the way he did before the fight. I am not saying that the ref did a good job but it is what it is it was in awful fight to watch especially if you are a Agbeko fan or a Mares hater Cause if I am fighting and I get hit low than I am going to hit low if the ref is not going to do nothing about it. Agbeko didn't look good anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X