No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander-Brook in May; Khan's Status; Golden Injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander-Brook in May; Khan's Status; Golden Injuries

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer denied circulating information that Devon Alexander (24-1, 13KOs) vs. Kell Brook (29-0, 19KOs) was going to be rescheduled as part of the big Showtime televised card on April 27th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn - where Danny Garcia will headline in a junior welterweight title defense against Zab Judah.

Eddie Hearn, who promotes Brook, told UK media members that Schaefer and Golden Boy were looking at the possibility of placing the Alexander fight on the April date.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Unfair barb at Eddie Hearn in there. Obviously he wants to keep plans/negotiations private but Hearn has been placed in a very difficult position in the last week and needed to have answers when reporters ask questions.

Not Shaefers fault obviously but still.

Comment

Does Hearn have any dates in Feb? He needs to throw Brook in there vs a TBA and get him ready for May... He can't afford to throw himself on the shelf till May.

Comment

Man up con and fight senchenko at welter your fans be talking **** how you fight anybody fight this bum and stop trying to drain him

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          Man up con and fight senchenko at welter your fans be talking **** how you fight anybody fight this bum and stop trying to drain him
          Drain him? Because they asked him to come down 2 pounds? Khan's not a 147 pounder you ******. You didnt have anything to say about Canelo fighting josesito did you? Not that i should expect less from some pathrtic hater anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Lazakill View Post
            Drain him? Because they asked him to come down 2 pounds? Khan's not a 147 pounder you ******. You didnt have anything to say about Canelo fighting josesito did you? Not that i should expect less from some pathrtic hater anyway
            So then how does he have a no. 2 ranking with the WBC at welterweight then??

I didnt see his team asking the WBC to remove his ranking despite having never fought at that weight.

And who are you to say whether 2 pounds is draining or not? If the man says he cant go below 146 then perhaps you should listen to him.... it's sure gonna be a hell of a lot easier for khan to put on an extra 2 pounds that it gonna be for Shenchenko to lose it

I'mafraid that your man love for Amir is clouding your judgement....

Comment

If Khan wants to fight Senchenko he should fight him at 147. It makes him look like a ***** trying to get him fight at a catch weight. Senchenko is a huge ww and making 147 probably isn't that easy for him. I hope Senchenko holds his ground and doesn't take a catch weight. IMO Senchenko is a bad matchup for Khan anyways. I know Paulie beat him, but unlike Khan, Paulie has a pretty good chin and Senchenko has decent power.

Comment

If khan plans on staying at LWW, why doesnt he actually fight a LWW. I hear Lucas is available.

Comment

Im pretty sure Prescott will step up and that fight can sell well in england

Comment

Showtime should only approve Prescott,Peterson for Khan but not the guy that beat Hatton. Who cares about that fight. I know Khan wants to beat Senchenko because he beat Hatton. He should beat the guy who beat him in 54 seconds. He's acting like it didn't happen he wants his get backs against Garcia. Why not agains't Prescott? GBP is using this April date for Khan as a tune up 'anyway' for Khan so he can fight Garcia at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                    X