Rule Britannia Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule Britannia Bill

Well, what do you think?

At Lightweight Ricky Burns v Miguel Vazquez. I'm leaning towards Vazquez in this bout. Neither fighter has much pop (although Burns may be using a more bruising style as he matures) but I think that if Vazquez can go ten rounds against Alvarez he should last the distance against Burns - who I don't feel can outbox him. So it will need to be a Steve Collins v Eubank type performance from Burns. Which in turn could lead to Burns receiving punishment. Whichever way I look at it I can't see Burns winning but I'll be hoping he does.

Nathan Cleverly fights Robin Krasniqi. I worked with some Kosovians back in San Diego & they told me that Krasniqi means Lion Heart. That's a free bit of trivia for you lot. He only lost two early bouts, on points, but his opposition has been dire, to say the least. Of his 41 opponents 16 have not won a single fight (plenty of debutants) & another nine less than 5. I was well interested in Cleverly a couple of years back but his career smells of Warrenish behaviour. Shame really.

George Groves goes for DeGales old belt against DeGales old future opponent, Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye. I still have nightmares about when Sambu Kalambay (another African born Italian fighter) came to England to fight an undefeated British prospect in Herol Graham. We all know how that ended. Has anyone seen anything of him? I know his lost a split decision to Lolenga Mock (the same Mock who decked David Haye - something Wlad never came close to doing) but was it a hometown decision? Two other interesting (well to a sad bastard like me) points are.... Burns has fought as high as 144 in his career & as low as 127 whilst Vazquez has been 148 & 133. Also, did anyone see the fight between Vazquez & Bradley? Tim seems to have won fairly handily. Is this a blueprint or does it have no relevance.

At Cruiserweight one of my favourite prospects, Tony Conquest, goes for revenge against the man who kayoed him in one round last time out, Neil Dawson. I'm a little shocked by this rematch although not as shocked as I was by the result. It did seem fairly strange watching the fight on video too. I'm sure there's a few stories behind the scene that I haven't heard about. For Conquest to get back on track he needs an emphatic stoppage by the halfway mark.

Liam Walsh fights on the card too as does Dereck Chisora but I don't think we'll see either one in with too much of a test, which could lead to fat Chisora turning up.

If I was still in the UK I would be well up for going to this. Anyone on here going?

Looks like a decent card (knowing Frank warren half the fights will be cancelled a wek before the card is due to take place)

I'm hoping Del Boy gets his License back and gets a confidence building fight. I like Del Boy and he needs a break and a guy he can KO to get back into the swing of things (He looks in great shape after watching him at the conference)

Regarding tony Conquest, does seem strange he fights the guy who Ko'd him in his next fight. Neil Dawson looked huge against him and that was the reason hte Ko happened, tony had to keep lunging in to hit the guy and was clipped with a huge couple of punches. Hope tony get revenge.

Comment

Definately want to go... Just depends on ticket prices I guess.

Comment

Taansend, you didn't check out my thread, huh?

Walsh has a huge test in Canadian, Logan McGuinness. Back down at where he should be too (SFW), I think it's for the Commonwealth belt. Chisora will be in a 10 round fight against a very beatable opponent, Warren does not want to risk it. Decent stay busy fight for Groves against a good European level fighter who's never been stopped, so he could make a statement.

Going to try and get to it.

Comment

Great card. Burns Vs Vasquez is an intriguing fight..one i didn't expect at all to be honest. I can see a tight fight but fancy Burns on points at the minute.

I'm on a stag-do down London the weekend before..shame it doesn't fall on this weekend as i would of sneaked off for the night !

Comment

Burns vs Vasquez is the fight that really stands out, but from a British perspective it's a decent card on the whole, reminds me of the magnificent 7 a couple of years ago.

Comment

Would love to go to this, especially if this undercard comes through, but i reckon i'm gonna have to wait and try for Froch Kessler tickets instead. No way i can afford both as much as i'd want to.

I hope they can match Chisora with someone he can look good against, start to rebuild him back up to world level the right way. He deserves it after the year he's had!

I havent seen Mouhamed Ali Ndiaye fight but im reliably informed that he isnt bad for Groves at this stage.

Burns Vasqez i see as a 50/50 at this stage, despite winning quite easily he struggled with Prescott's height a little if i remember rightly, and Burns is tall for the weight and a better boxer than Prescott. However Vasquez is very tricky and has no problem stinking the place out to get the w. Though that tactic wont do him any favours on the scorecards. Very interesting, i will probably come off the fence at some point!

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Taansend, you didn't check out my thread, huh?
                Sorry mate. Was your thread on the main page? been away in the Everglades & Keys for a couple of days so missed some stuff.

I usually post on this page if I want proper fans answers. Too many kids calling boxers cowards, duckers, cheats for my liking on the main page.

Comment

I'll be in St Petes for this fight. Doing my 1st half marathon the day after. I doubt I'll find anyway showing the fight though so it will probably be a dodgy stream online in the hotel room.

Comment

Joey Taylor, John Thain, Frankie Buglioni, Miles Shinkwin, Gary Cocoran and Mitchell Smith added to the bill.

Comment

Working...
                    X