No announcement yet.

Fulfilled bible prophecies that are clearly evident today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    I understand biological evolution quite well, however your understanding of the bible is equivalent to that of your understanding of physics...quite poor. What you said again here is continued nonsense.
    Memetics is i the field of psychology and sociology, not physics. Or are you still insisting that virtual particles are just an example of energy turning into a different form?

By the way you have a very poor understanding of evolution, which is why you don't think it's true.

For a vague statement like that to become a reality across the world, means prediction fulfilled.
    No it doesn't because it's VAGUE! I could say to someone that at some time in the next fortnight the colour blue will be important to them, and invariably this "prediction" would hold true! If on the other hand I told them that in the next two weeks they would be involved in a traffic accident involving a blue car and that actually happened then this would be either a sign of prescience or a lucky guess. The more specific your prediction is the more chance it will be falsified and as a result the more impressive a specific prediction turns out to be.

All of the predictions made in the bible are of a vague nature, even the so called fulfilled prophesies in the New Testament like the genealogy of Jesus whose dad wasn't even his dad.

The two prophecies i posted state that after Christianity is preached across the world, in the nearing end times many will fall from the faith. Which according to you is correct due to the rise in secularism and advance in Islam.
    They are vague and contradictory.

Time will tell.
    Well so far predictions of the end of the world have a 100% failure rate.

Yeah, but it wasnt.
    Just one more fail o the track record or endtime predictions.

You tell me, you seem to have it all figured out.
    I thought you were the biblical scholar out of the two of us. Although I did note that several times you erroneously referred to John the Barking Mad's rambling monument to hallucination as "Revelations" and not by its correct name "Revelation".

God is being righteous
    By hiding his message from people and then sending them to hell?

Not all about symbolism, but parts and pieces are, like the Beast, and Harlot sitting on the dragon, which are by the way explained in the following chapters.
    Jofn of Patmos' explanation of the symbolism of his crazy visions reads like Jared Lee Loughner's explanation of how grammar can be used for mind control.

Ok, it does not store currency a misuse of words on my part. But instead of correcting me and saying however it could be used for payment by being connected to your bank, you instead dismissed the idea completely to fit your agenda. Whatever the case it could be used as a method for payment. the prophecy says no man might buy or sell lest he has the mark. Sounds like it could be an RFID chip to me.
    In the 80s it was credit cards, in the 70s it was bar codes, next it will be smartphones. At the time of John of Patmos it was the currency used with the images of Roman gods on them without which one couldn't trade.

The world operates on 70% credit currency, only 30% of the money in flow is paper, and that number continues to decrease.
    Nothing goes with bible literalism quite like finance conspiracy theories.

No, you already made up your mind that you wont believe anything out of the bible, thus sealing your fate.
    I made up my mind after reading it.I didn't just decide one day "ah well I will now declare the bible to be nonsense!", I read it and compared it with reality. It didn't do too well.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Memetics is i the field of psychology and sociology, not physics. Or are you still insisting that virtual particles are just an example of energy turning into a different form?

By the way you have a very poor understanding of evolution, which is why you don't think it's true.
      You think I have a poor understanding of evolution because I do not accept it the way you do. You seem to think anyone who doesnt accept evolution does not know it. I have a sufficient understanding of biological evolution. How do you think I got through my biology classes?

No it doesn't because it's VAGUE! I could say to someone that at some time in the next fortnight the colour blue will be important to them, and invariably this "prediction" would hold true! If on the other hand I told them that in the next two weeks they would be involved in a traffic accident involving a blue car and that actually happened then this would be either a sign of prescience or a lucky guess. The more specific your prediction is the more chance it will be falsified and as a result the more impressive a specific prediction turns out to be.
      Its not a vague prediction. To prophesy that the Gospel is going to be taught throughout the whole world is anything but vague. Its a direct statement which has become fulfilled. Second, what are the chances that according to you a man who was hallucinating, who only a tiny fraction of people followed in the beginning would ultimately have his words heard throughout the whole world just as he said?

All of the predictions made in the bible are of a vague nature, even the so called fulfilled prophesies in the New Testament like the genealogy of Jesus whose dad wasn't even his dad.
      Jews to be scattered all over the world is not vague. No man might buy or sell lest he had the mark of the beast is not vague.

They are vague and contradictory.
      Weak reading comprehension would lead you to that conclusion.

Well so far predictions of the end of the world have a 100% failure rate.
      Time will tell.

Just one more fail o the track record or endtime predictions.
      You act like people making those predictions in the middle ages had ultimate authority on concluding prophesy.

I thought you were the biblical scholar out of the two of us. Although I did note that several times you erroneously referred to John the Barking Mad's rambling monument to hallucination as "Revelations" and not by its correct name "Revelation".

By hiding his message from people and then sending them to hell?
      Accept Christ as your Lord and Savior, repent and turn from your evil ways, is pretty clear to anyone who reads those words.

Jofn of Patmos' explanation of the symbolism of his crazy visions reads like Jared Lee Loughner's explanation of how grammar can be used for mind control.

In the 80s it was credit cards, in the 70s it was bar codes, next it will be smartphones. At the time of John of Patmos it was the currency used with the images of Roman gods on them without which one couldn't trade.
      We are getting closer and closer.

Nothing goes with bible literalism quite like finance conspiracy theories.
      Irrelevant response to the fact that paper currency is being diminished.

I made up my mind after reading it.I didn't just decide one day "ah well I will now declare the bible to be nonsense!", I read it and compared it with reality. It didn't do too well.
      The bible is not a book you read once and put away to gather dust. Just by having these arguments with you it is clear that you need to re read it again, over and over again...

Comment

Ive got a couple hundred to gamble on tomorrows fights, whos the bible predicting to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          You think I have a poor understanding of evolution because I do not accept it the way you do. You seem to think anyone who doesnt accept evolution does not know it. I have a sufficient understanding of biological evolution. How do you think I got through my biology classes?
          You have a poor understanding of evolution, as you have repeatedly demonstrated on this forum.

Its not a vague prediction. To prophesy that the Gospel is going to be taught throughout the whole world is anything but vague. Its a direct statement which has become fulfilled.
          I'll repeat the statement shall I?

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Vague. And also wrong. It was preached to the whole world some 300 years ago without the world ending. So what's so special about now?

Second, what are the chances that according to you a man who was hallucinating, who only a tiny fraction of people followed in the beginning would ultimately have his words heard throughout the whole world just as he said?
          John of Patmos was obviously high, insane or both. The quote above is from the Gospel of Matthew. Did you forget?

Jews to be scattered all over the world is not vague.
          Yes it is.

No man might buy or sell lest he had the mark of the beast is not vague.
          This is extremely vague! If you have to speculate on what the "mark of the beast" actually is then it's vague!

Weak reading comprehension would lead you to that conclusion.
          Vague and contradictory, a veritable pick n mix of quotable quotes seldom used in context.

Time will tell.
          No doubt time will tell, you'll live out your life saying that the end of the world will come "any day now" but not really acting like the world will end "any day now" because it isn't a firmly held conviction, more something that your particular wacky sect of evangelical crazies tells you that you ought to believe.

You act like people making those predictions in the middle ages had ultimate authority on concluding prophesy.
          On the contrary, there is no such thing as an authority on prophesy. In fact there are no such things as prophecies. "Prophesy" is a theological word that means "guess" and the more accurate the guess is the less likely it is to come true.

Not only do you not know the name of the Book of Revelation, you also don't seem to know what prophesy you are discussing.

Accept Christ as your Lord and Savior, repent and turn from your evil ways, is pretty clear to anyone who reads those words.
          That's funny, a moment ago you were quoting the line about speaking in parables to keep the true meaning hidden. Thanks for pointing out another contradiction in the bible.

Anybody producing a work like the Revelation of St John the No Thanks We Already Have a Babysitter nowadays would be quite rightly detained for psychological evaluation.

We are getting closer and closer.
          Or reaching further and further.

Irrelevant response to the fact that paper currency is being diminished.
          But not abolished. Not in my lifetime.

The bible is not a book you read once and put away to gather dust. Just by having these arguments with you it is clear that you need to re read it again, over and over again...
          Apparently to you the bible is a book that you should read over and over but only in the sections highlighted by your pastor in order to support whatever zany argument you're making this week.

According to me the bible should be read cover to cover at least once. You won't finish Genesis without coming to the conclusion that god is a total mad bastard.

Comment

I love Enayze VS. Squeal Piggy,

Comment

As the great Francisco Goya once painted:

"El sueño de la razon produce monstros."
              The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                As the great Francisco Goya once painted:

"El sueño de la razon produce monstros."
                The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters
                Douglas Adams:

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

Comment

Working...
                X