No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pascal-Hopkins Rematch: Golden Boy Wins Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pascal-Hopkins Rematch: Golden Boy Wins Purse Bid

Golden Boy Promotions won the purse bid for the upcoming rematch between WBC/IBO light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal, and former champion Bernard Hopkins. The fight is a rematch of last December's controversial twelve round draw. Golden Boy, who promote Hopkins, put in the winning with a bid of $1.9 million, while Pascal's promoter, Groupe Yvon Michel, put in a bid of $1.7 million. The WBC's Diamond Belt will be on the line and as BoxingScene.com has already reported, the date of May 21 in Quebec is likely. HBO is expected to televise.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whats the point if they are just gonna bring it back to Canada?

Why was a purse bid even necessary

Comment

I think gdp gets to be the leader in promotions and stuff and probably gets to hire the judges to corrupt the fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Whats the point if they are just gonna bring it back to Canada?

Why was a purse bid even necessary
        yeah,I thought they agreed to terms already.

Comment

It would be nice if Hopkins had a bigger fanbase and put this fight in Phillies or Eagles stadium. Just cut off the stadium to hold less seats and promote the fight like hell. But I understand Hopkins just never had a fanbase like that, and in the US, American fighters besides Floyd Mayweather, aren't getting much attention from fans which is sad.

Hopkins can get robbed of a win again and again and again if the fight always gets held in Canada.

Comment

First - Good for Hopkins, he fought his ass off during the first fight.

Second - The WBC is pathetic... it's not even funny anymore!!!!! First I read that Alvarez will be figthing for the title vacated by Manny and now a fight for a Diamond Belt??????

If the sanctioning bodies can't take our sport serious, how do we expect others to do so??????

The rest of the sanctioning bodies are not far behind!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              I think gdp gets to be the leader in promotions and stuff and probably gets to hire the judges to corrupt the fight lol
              I wonder who was hired to corrupt the Hopkins vs Trinidad fight to go to Hopkins favor. Oh no wait Trinidad was knocked out!

Comment

Originally posted by Nesty View Post
                First - Good for Hopkins, he fought his ass off during the first fight.

Second - The WBC is pathetic... it's not even funny anymore!!!!! First I read that Alvarez will be figthing for the title vacated by Manny and now a fight for a Diamond Belt??????

If the sanctioning bodies can't take our sport serious, how do we expect others to do so??????

The rest of the sanctioning bodies are not far behind!!!!!!
                The main thing is this fight is for The Ring belt at 175, which is the most important.

Comment

WBC sucks;DAWSON had the contract signed........disgusting!!
                  I HOPE PASCAL WILL PUT KO BHOP!
                  PASCAL beat DAWSON like QUINTANA beat PW,that was a bad night for DAWSON,CHAD can beat both of theme(PASCAL and BERNARD)!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    yep... gbp will certainy try to get less canadian judges

Comment

Working...
                    X