No announcement yet.

Do your Tattoos have a meaning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    I am trying to be less cynical about everything including tats. The trouble is, it is so trendy and fashionable, and i think its still believed to be the mark of the rebel, when in fact its now become the opposite.

They usually always have to be visible. So i find myself thinking its about image, and more for everyone else to see rather than a personal thing. Also, the meanings are fairly lame most of the time. Kids names etc. ok, they are important, but shouldnt that be a personal thing? Not something you need to share with the world?

U see....im still a cynical prick.
    I have a lot of tattoos and and love them, and completely agree with you. I have tattoos on my chest, back, and upper arms, but I have yet to get full sleeves, even though I want them, because

1) Tattoo culture is ****ing lame and overly-trendy
    2) I ****ing HATE people that come up and ask me about them, even worse touch me or pull at my clothes to try to see them.

I got my tattoos for me. People that sit there and want to either ask to talk about the "meaning" behind their tattoos are ****ing lame.

"Whats the meaning behind that koifish tattooo?"

"What the meaning behind your haircut?"

"Whats the meaning behind that jacket your wearing? Does it signify your grandfather?"

Comment

no tattoos.

i wanted one when i was very young, but luckily changed my mind long before i hit 18.

Comment

My tattoo gives me good luck but I have to follow these rules otherwise it'll turn around:
        1. Do not eat Star fruit, Pumpkin, or any other ‘Gourd’ type Vegetable.
        2. Do not Be anybodys Lover who is already married
        3. FORBIDDEN in Extreme, to slander anybody’s Mother (this means most women, if you think about it).
        4. Do not eat food from a Wedding, or Funeral banquet.
        5. Do not Eat left-Overs.
        6. Do not Duck under a Washing Line, or an overhanging building.
        7. Do not Duck under a Banana Tree of the type Thaanii (classed as important to avoid).
        8. Do not cross a single head bridge; Large or Small bridges are not Forbidden
        9. Do not sit on a Ceramic Urn (Common in Thailand).Especially a Cracked, or Broken one.
        10. Do not let a Woman Lie on Top of You, or Sit on Top either.
        11. Do not permit a Man to be Brushed by the blouse or skirt of a Woman, or crossed in Front of; Especially during the Menstruative Period

Comment

The only reasons to get a tattoo are; 1. to fit in 2. to help you deal with getting beaten up like Cotto did after Margs and like Marg did after SSM beat him up 3. So people think your tough and won't beat you up this is to avoid avoid reason #2 because your going to get the tat anyway so why not just have them and not be beaten up?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            The only reasons to get a tattoo are; 1. to fit in 2. to help you deal with getting beaten up like Cotto did after Margs and like Marg did after SSM beat him up 3. So people think your tough and won't beat you up this is to avoid avoid reason #2 because your going to get the tat anyway so why not just have them and not be beaten up?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              He fought Wlad, the tats helped him deal with being hugged to a wide UD loss.

Comment

I could never get a tattoo because I have to be, hands down, the most indecisive person on the face of the earth.

I'm the type of person who would get a tattoo one day, and the next day regret I got it or wish I got something different.....lol

Comment

loool that's funny

Comment

lmfao!!!!!

Comment

I have something of a fascination with death/finality.

"Nemini Parco (meaning ‘No one is spared’) was a common expression to be engraved in the scythe in the depictions of Death in the medieval Dances of Death and all through the baroque period, reminding Men, that Death makes no distinctions among their victims and it leads all men to the abyss."

Comment

Working...
                      X