Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11 Days to go.. Who have you got and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto all the way. Easy UD or late KO.

Comment

Cotto by late rd TKO. Margarito's face is going to be disfigured after 10 rounds of hell.

Comment

Margarito. I have a funny feeling this fight is gonna resemble the Cotto/Torres fight, only this time, Miguel will be on the losing end. I just don't see Cotto being able to cope with a big, strong, rangy guy like Margarito all that well, and I'm not convinced Cotto has what it takes to avoid Margo's big shots for 12 rounds to earn a decision or to be able to KO Margo. Cotto has power, yes, but I think his power is overrated @ 147, whereas Margaritos is not.

I think Margo goes right after Cotto and tries to get in his breadbasket and just let him have it with everything he's got. I think Margo is confident enough to do this considering how good of a chin he has.

Styles make fights, and I just think Margo's style of fighting with the addition of him having a great chin will prove troublesome for Cotto.

Comment

Cotto will win convincingly. UD or mid-late KO

Comment

Cotto by TKO

Cotto will figure out Margarito's game plan early. He'll move around and though people think I'm crazy for sayin this, he'll trade "intelligently" against Margarito and go back to cutting off the ring and selecting his shots which will be too fast for Margarito to handle.

Cotto will win much easier than most believe IMO. Tony just doesn't have the tools to beat Cotto.

Comment

Cotto easy UD or Late KO.

Cotto is the betting favourite and it is not an even fight as some make out.

I mean Margarito is 2-1 in his last 3 fights, he LOST last year.

People make him out to be a god, but Cotto won't get as much credit from beating him from me as he will from some others on Bscene.

If Margarito beats Cotto (unlikely) I will give him buckets full of credit.

If Cotto beats Margarito (likely) He will get about half a glass full of credit.

Comment

I dont got anyone. Ima just grill some steaks, drink some beers and enjoy the fight. I'm winning either way.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Cotto by TKO

Cotto will figure out Margarito's game plan early. He'll move around and though people think I'm crazy for sayin this, he'll trade "intelligently" against Margarito and go back to cutting off the ring and selecting his shots which will be too fast for Margarito to handle.

Cotto will win much easier than most believe IMO. Tony just doesn't have the tools to beat Cotto.
                  I think Tony has great boxing skills but prefers to brawl. We'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Joe View Post
                    I'm rooting for Cotto and think he will win but it honestly can go either way.
                    In all honesty this really is a pick em fight because both have the stength and ability to score a knockout win:

Margarito can earn a knockout by breaking cotto's chin...its not THAT bad but its still weak.

Cotto can earn a knockout by score a left hook to the body of margarito (who is tall from the waist up which gives cotto a bigger target).

I dont think its out of the question to see either fighter on the ground at some point in this fight...

I do expect cotto to use the one big advantage he has over margarito which is his boxing ability...

if they brawl it could honestly go either way, whoever lands the bigger or biggest punch would end the fight.

if cotto doesnt let his pride get the best of him and he goes out there and trys to tactically box margarito he can win a close decision from him (either UD or SD)...

the reason i believe its still close even if cotto trys to box him is because margarito uses 1200+ punches a fight...over 100 punches a round...even if cotto boxes him he has to make sure he lands the effective shots and at a high percentage because when a fighter uses 1200+ punches a fight he can persuade the judges to score in his favor.

so this fight really can go either way but im leaning towards cotto by split decision.

Comment

I always chuckle when I see Margarito trying to box.

Comment

Working...
                      X