Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Charles Martin hated here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first i was making fun of him. He didn't look good against Glazkow and he didn't really deserve to be called HW champion. Freak injury and these two were both kinda horrible. Anyway, i changed my mind recently after watching some interviews with Martin in the UK and applaud him for calling out Joshua and fighting in the UK.

Charles has earned my respect and he seems like a very chilled dude. Still think Joshua knocks him out but he definitely has a chance.

I like him way way more than the bigmouth Wilder, Marin has some balls, Beyoncay Wilder has a vagina.

Comment

Hope josh don't get a big head after beating martin.
      Martin didn't even beat the guy, he injured his leg? Martin wasn't even a prospect. He was literally a nobody!

Comment

This is Martin in the 10th round against Love. The one opponent they have shared.

Look at the technical ability.
        https://youtu.be/39_RlkbhVpg

Joshua is going to destroy him.
        http://youtu.be/QN1xh_xJ5Vk
        Last edited by ianjamsie; 02-20-2016, 06:40 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Simple minds will attack one individual as a means of bolstering another. Charles hasn't really done anything to earn the hate. I haven't seen anything that would cause me to praise him, but I'm not going to bash the guy based on how I feel about someone else.
          Exactly. You're one of the wisest on this forum. Very objective and no fanboyism in you. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Martin has some decent skills.. good jab, good head & upper body movement, decent footwork, ability to adjust levels, good power, nice range control, decent but not impenetrable defense.

He does get hit clean in many of his fights, even by some low level boxers. He has a good chin but I don't think he'll stand much of a chance after AJ catches him and starts dropping bombs.

I think the "hate" for him (which I haven't seen much of) comes from the way he was lucky to win the IBF HW title because of a freak knee injury. He's basically a completely unproven, untested heavyweight world champion because of that injury Glazkov sustained.
            Yeah, but if you notice after that fight when he won the IBF he didn't overly celebrate and was disappointed about the injury happening. Not his fault, so he shouldn't be held in such contempt by some people.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
              Exactly. You're one of the wisest on this forum. Very objective and no fanboyism in you. Thank you.
              I'm afraid he will be literally killed in the ring. The quality gap between the 2 fighters is so massive it is scary.

It is a world title fight and he is the defending champ, they may give him chance to recover.

Comment

Simple minds will attack one individual as a means of bolstering another. Charles hasn't really done anything to earn the hate. I haven't seen anything that would cause me to praise him, but I'm not going to bash the guy based on how I feel about someone else.
                How about looking very calm and poised and fighting in the pocket. For his first title fight he kept his composer and fought his fight. As opposed to Glazkov who was all over the place and gun shy

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  How about looking very calm and poised and fighting in the pocket. For his first title fight he kept his composer and fought his fight. As opposed to Glazkov who was all over the place and gun shy
                  Fair enough. One man's "poised" it's another man's "hesitant" but, as someone who is really into analyzing and judging a boxer's abilities, I'm neutral on Martin. I just haven't seen how he handles adversity and that is a big thing for me.

Comment

Fair enough. One man's "poised" it's another man's "hesitant" but, as someone who is really into analyzing and judging a boxer's abilities, I'm neutral on Martin. I just haven't seen how he handles adversity and that is a big thing for me.
                    Lol just playing with you bro! I think martin vs joshua is going to be a great fight and I can't wait for it

Comment

Fans don't like people who are handed a world title for nothin'. Ever.

Canelo is still getting **** for being handed his first title, and his resume is pretty goddamn stacked at this point. Same goes for Danny Garcia. We like guys to put in real work to get their shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X