Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua and Wilder look the way HW Champs are SUPPOSE to look!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buge View Post
    you must mean "Black"

how is Wlad not everything you mentioned?
    Isn't Lewis everything I mentioned as well? Yes or no?

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Spot on. Wladimir looks the 'way' a HW champ should.
      Actually no he doesn't. Because to say he is the way a HW Champ should look basically means you think HW Division don't need America. That's a joke. I'm not even saying America is>than Europe. But to say that the HW Division don't need America is just wrong.

Let me give you a example.

It don't matter if the MLS becomes the greatest 'soccer' league in the World. It really doesn't. Football's heart and soul, it's history and prestige is in Europe. It's in Manchester. It's in Liverpool. It's in Milan. It's in Madrid. IT IS NOT IN LOS ANGELES. It don't matter if the MLS becomes a 'great' league. It really don't.

Same with HW Boxing. It don't really matter how great some Ukraine guy is. It really don't. The heart and soul of HW Boxing is in America. It's at MSG. It's in Vegas. It is what it is.

Comment

I don't really care what a HW boxer should look like, as long as they come to fight.

Conditioning is and muscle mass / definition are not mutually exclusive.

Frank Bruno and Anthony Joshua are big heavily muscled guys - Bruno always suffered in the second half of any fight.

For, guys like Lewis, Klitch, Tyson and even Frazier had the right 'look'.

But it's a personal preference I guess.

Comment

Yeah, it's supposeD. A d on the end. Basic English.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
            Really?

Have none of. you guys figured out what the first letters of each word of his list say when you read them vertically from the top?

Question is, is dude a false flag race troll or a really dumb straight troll?
            It was clear he's a troll and a borderline racist one, but you removed all borders with that one. Another white boy with a brother fetish.

Comment

flaming **** thread

whoever is the champion looks the way a champion should

Comment

You can look like "the man" but it doesn't mean you are "the man".

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                  Actually no he doesn't. Because to say he is the way a HW Champ should look basically means you think HW Division don't need America. That's a joke. I'm not even saying America is>than Europe. But to say that the HW Division don't need America is just wrong.

Let me give you a example.

It don't matter if the MLS becomes the greatest 'soccer' league in the World. It really doesn't. Football's heart and soul, it's history and prestige is in Europe. It's in Manchester. It's in Liverpool. It's in Milan. It's in Madrid. IT IS NOT IN LOS ANGELES. It don't matter if the MLS becomes a 'great' league. It really don't.

Same with HW Boxing. It don't really matter how great some Ukraine guy is. It really don't. The heart and soul of HW Boxing is in America. It's at MSG. It's in Vegas. It is what it is.
                  Germany is the heart of boxing now. America is a football and basketball town now remember

Yeah I guess America should be able to box still. The HW division NEEDS punch bag opponents to practice on before fighting on the world circuit

Still the same US... Once a punch bag.. Always a punch bag haha

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                    flaming **** thread

whoever is the champion looks the way a champion should
                    I agree, this is HW boxing, not male modelling!

At HW you can be successful lean or chubby, tall or short, ugly or handsome It's always been that way!

What a poofy thread topic!

I always said something like this would happen if they ever held a title again but not on this scale, it's outrageous!

Comment

I think the best build for a heavyweight to have is that of Ali. I know that is very easy to say because he was so great but think about it. In his prime, he was amazingly athletic, dancing around while still getting off shots with a snap on them, was big but not in the sense it made him cumbersome, at 6'3 was not too tall or short etc. Great speed, fair enough power, great reflex etc.

That being said, the game changes and the landscape is different from era to era, we could debate topics like this all day and not resolve it. The eras change so much it is hard to argue a point for types of fighters that would have the same success in others. I honestly feel as though Ali had the best heavyweight 'look' you refer too, just my opinion but I understand that in this era he would be seen by some as kinda small. See?

By the way, athleticism and build for the ideal heavyweight has nothing to do with race, whoever is going on about that needs to leave the conversation and let the guys with actual points discuss it.

EDIT*: By the way, I agree with the guys that say it doesn't matter all that much too. It shouldn't go against a guy if he doesn't 'look' great. If they are the champion and they come to fight/have other qualities that make them great, it doesn't matter if they are a little soft around the waist or not the most agile or whatever.
                      Last edited by SthPaw; 01-19-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X