Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Daniel Geale: who will win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovkin vs. Daniel Geale: who will win?

Both Golovkin's manager Tom Loffler and Geale's promoter Gary Shaw have expressed willingness to make this fight.

What's your prediction for this one?
    Golovkin by KO/TKO
    92.00%
    Golovkin by decision
    0.00%
    Geale by KO/TKO
    0.00%
    Geale by decision
    0.00%
    evenly matched, difficult to predict
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

Poll is up...

Comment

I hope this happens in December. Anyway, Golovkin will stop him inside 6 rounds. Geale is good, he's one of the Top MW's, but Golovkin looks like his technique and skill, combined with out of this world power, is just on another level. Golovkin will walk right through him, I see nothing Geale can do to trouble Golovkin.

Comment

Have to pick Golovkin.

Geale is a good fighter, but Golovkin is more offensively gifted and has the better chin.

Geale will try to get the fight in Australia where he will enjoy a three round handicap on the scorecards, but Golovkin will get him out inside the 12 regardless.

Comment

Golovkin's combination of 6 inch power, technique, balance and patience makes him the number 2 or 1 MW in the world. I am betting chips on him against pretty much anyone. He wins this fight by the 8th. Geale is no slouch, The God of War is just that good.

Comment

Going with Golovkin. It would be a very tough, close fight. I think Golovkin stops Geale late

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Golovkin's combination of 6 inch power, technique, balance and patience makes him the number 2 or 1 MW in the world. I am betting chips on him against pretty much anyone. He wins this fight by the 8th. Geale is no slouch, The God of War is just that good.
              Hope everyone starts calling him "God of War", but it will only really stick once he stops someone of note, like Martinez or Chavez. But GGG is such a docile and lame nickname, definitely needs a change soon.

As for the OP, Geale's activity and work-rate will be to his detriment. I think he has the defensive qualities to stay around for the 12 rounds, but he seemed to fade a little during the championship rounds against Sturm. He also doesn't mind getting into exchanges, and that's a death sentence against a guy who can crack. Geale will have to remain a disciplined boxer for 12 rounds with enough stamina and focus to see the final bell.

Golovkin via stoppage, with Geale picking up a couple of the early rounds.

Comment

If Golovkin can defeat Geale and take those titles, that might help lead to an eventual fight between Golovkin and the winner of Chavez-Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  If Golovkin can defeat Geale and take those titles, that might help lead to an eventual fight between Golovkin and the winner of Chavez-Martinez.
                  Or Quillin assuming he beats Dam.

That's another unification.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Or Quillin assuming he beats Dam.

That's another unification.
                    I'd love to see it, I can't imagine Quillan ever being willing to fight Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                    X